cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
We just agreed to a price on a Grand Design 2150RB. We have seen the TT once, this past Saturday. Today over e-mails we have come to an agreement on price. We gave them a $1000 on a CC fully refundable deposit to hold the unit. We wished go back to climb thru it one more time, to make sure we are still good with our decision? They have sent me an e-document to sign, A Buyers Order. . Do I would to sign this and return in an e-mail? Or is this a document I should only sign after we have finished the final walk thru? My first time with a dealer. I wish not give them an up hand. Though I good with a level playing field. Do I sign or wait, until Delivery?
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.
20 REPLIES 20

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Also be aware of that $1000 dealer prep fee that they will sneak in when you are ready to pick it up

Guy

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
Ouch, 10 4
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
WTW wrote:
Thanks, funny you say to make sure it is th same unit. I did match the stock no. To make sure buyer order matched. I was thinking I should hold off on providing them with signatures. Thanks again.

That's not the problem. It's those features and accessories you thought are standard when you walked into the showroom and then became optional add-ons when you are about to take home your unit.

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, funny you say to make sure it is th same unit. I did match the stock no. To make sure buyer order matched. I was thinking I should hold off on providing them with signatures. Thanks again.
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Sign only when you are done with the walk through and it will be the same unit you've inspected and accepted.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Donโ€™t sign nuttinโ€™ until you are sure.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad