cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy Hengs roof coating

maxum1989
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am removing my air conditioner (never use it) on my Northern Lite and replacing it with a powered fan. Northern Lite uses the Hengs white alkyd fibered roof coating to cover up the screws (where dicor would normally be used). Does anyone know where to buy this product in Vancouver B.C. (other than online). I am hoping to do this project this weekend and I overlooked this part of it.
2008 Chevy 2500hd Duramax/Allison
2006 Wildcat 27 bhwb
2009 Lance 830 *Sold*
2011 Northern Lite 8.5 *Sold*
5 REPLIES 5

maxum1989
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about this stuff? Kool Seal White Elastomeric Roof Coating. Its easily available locally but doesn't mention fiberglass in its list of suitable surfaces.
2008 Chevy 2500hd Duramax/Allison
2006 Wildcat 27 bhwb
2009 Lance 830 *Sold*
2011 Northern Lite 8.5 *Sold*

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
If you guys saw this SonoLast job I did you wouldn't believe how nice it looks and wouldn't believe its that tough and still like rubber after 5/6 years.

problem with the tape is that the old Hengs is on thick and has divets and low spots. Tape does not like compounded bends/folds nor can fill voids.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
rlb8s wrote:
Why not use EternaBond tape instead?

X2. Good product and lasts a long time.

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
Why not use EternaBond tape instead?
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
I would not use that stuff. It turns hard as a rock and cracks, like murder to get it off and redo in the future.

My NL camper was redone several years ago using Sono Last caulking.

I blue taped a nice square masking and spread the caulk all over the Hengs. It's rubber, very durable, stays flexible and coats very well. Remember to work into the surface going both directions after cleaning with lacquere thinner first. Very easy to spread with a stiff throw away brush. Brush can be made stiffer by cutting bristles or brush hair shorter length.