cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wolf Creek bed height comfort question.

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I live a long way from a dealer and was wondering about the comfort in getting in and out of bed in a Wolf Creek TC.

In looking at pictures of Wolf Creek TCs on RVnet, they look like they have a basement. That would make me think the distance from the floor to the bed would not be too high.

But, when I look at the pictures of the interior on the Northwood web sight it looks similar to the distance of a Palomino M8801 which was not acceptable for my wife and I.

Can one of you owners tell me how high is the basement, the distance from the floor to the step, and from the step up to the cab-over floor?

Thanks,
Joe and Evelyn
5 REPLIES 5

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
Mello Mike wrote:
Yeah, it looks like it would work pretty well as a seat or as a step. Here's a pic:

That's the one Mike, just need to toughen up that fox with a wolf. I wonder how it attaches up top by the mattress, maybe it just hooks over the edge?
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
MORSNOW wrote:
The 2014 Arctic Fox has an optional wooden step/seat the hooks up by the mattress that might work on a Wolf Creek. It looks like it would be a good investment to make getting up and down easier.

Yeah, it looks like it would work pretty well as a seat or as a step. Here's a pic:

2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
The 2014 Arctic Fox has an optional wooden step/seat the hooks up by the mattress that might work on a Wolf Creek. It looks like it would be a good investment to make getting up and down easier.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
At the door threshold to bottom of the camper it measures 11.5". From linoleum floor to carpet step 14" and from the carpet step to the overcab floor 27". From the carpet step to the countertop (intermediate step) 22". As a side note a step could be mounted on the side of the cabinet with some reinforcement. Measurements are approximate and from a 2014 Wolf Creek 850. Hope this helps.
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB
2013 F-350 SCB SB 4X4 6.2 L

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Gosh Joe, it does look like a bit of a hitch up.. and some models with the bathroom forward have a step and a bit up to get in there too.

There is an awful trade off with basement campers.. it's the steps outside up to floor level. Certainly the Fox Landing will take you up the top part, but you still have to carry something to get you to the landing or use the scissor steps up.

Recently I have seen a post about the swing arm step climbing handle that extends outward to enable easier climbing up the stairs.. slide outs are awesome!
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel