cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yose guys lied to me !

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
When ST tires are spoken of it always comes up that they have a speed rating of 65 MPH . The tires that I am looking at have a speed rating of 106 MPH .Carlisle st 205 75 15 .
If I had them last summer when I went to Maine I could have got there twice as fast !
Many , many everyday ST tires have a speed rating in the 80 MPH range ,look it up !
If you see a Ram truck with a 26 foot trailer going a 100 MPH it will be me !
83 REPLIES 83

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
This thread seems to be stuck in an endless loop. That's what happens when folks post without reading the whole thread.

The "R" rating is an error on Amazon. Everybody knows it, including the OP and the link has been posted.

The OP has even admitted to knowing the Amazon page was erroneous when he started the thread.

There are ST tires rated above 65 MPH. Everybody knows it and the link has been posted.

Give it a rest folks. :W :h
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

ssemalone
Explorer
Explorer
MY 2014 Forest River Microlite, 23' came equipped with steel belted radial tires from the factory.........................

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
wanderingbob wrote:
Old Biscuit ,
Ain't no troll . Go to Amazon , search - Maxxis M8008 radial trailer tire - 225-75-R 15-10 ply . When it comes up , hit more information , touch the 10 ply symbol , it will say 106 MPH . It ain't rocket science .

You started this thread.....

YOU need to provide the Links

You have been shown how to do that.

YET you still want others to find/post YOUR information which you still are getting from AMAZON which has NO validity

YOU ...post a link from a ST Tire MFG. that can prove your conclusion that a rating my AMAZON is one supported by that tire mfg.

Not going to happen ...........:S
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
wonderingbob

the amazon site is completely and utterly bogus for speed ratings. period.

see my comments above based on email from maxxis. the maxxis tires can be run above 65mph ONLY by derating load capacity, and even then the max speed is 85 mph. period.

It is NOT repeat NOT rated by Maxxis for 106mph.!!!

I can select W speed rating and the maxxis is listed on the amazon site. W is for speeds in excess of 150 mph.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingbob wrote:
Old Biscuit ,
Ain't no troll . Go to Amazon , search - Maxxis M8008 radial trailer tire - 225-75-R 15-10 ply . When it comes up , hit more information , touch the 10 ply symbol , it will say 106 MPH . It ain't rocket science .
It's weird science.
Most every tire I do that on has the same rating.

It is obviously in error.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old Biscuit ,

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still no LINK to any website showing ST with an 'R' speed rating (106mph) :H

Guess this was all just a troll
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
ok heard back from carsilie. they do have a speed range M ST tire (81mph). I looked at the specs and need to review more, but I think it has a slightly reduced load capacity vs the maxxis goodyear. But the maxxis and goodyear have derated load capacity above 65mph as well anyway.

end result, ST's goodyear marthons, good to at least 75, maxxis 85 carsilie 75 just be aware of reduced load capacity

see comments in earlier post above on info from maxxis
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, I really would be concerned. 🙂

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
I would be a bit concerned about my safety towing a trailer at 106 MPH. :E

Well, that is kind of a silly comment to make. :R

Unless your objective was to be silly.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got up on the wrong side of the bed did you son ? Maybe you should lay down and have a nap. :B

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:

Enough already with these foolish comments. I don't know if these a re jokes at this point or what, but they are down right moronic. Every tire you ever owned for your street vehicle has a tire rated for well over 65mph, do you drive at the tires rated speed often? EVER?

Or may be some of you are implying its not ok to have a ST tire rated for 75, 87 or more??? This is a joke to you? Its meaningless?

Hmmm. Why then...do so many on here feel the need for the highest LOAD rating possible on their tire for NO OTHER REASON than the belief is wont fail as easily as a lessor rated tire for the same load. High load ratings does not have a direct correlation with failures, but people think it does.

So when it comes to speed ratings...OHHHH...the sky is falling? I cannot buy a higher speed rated tire and feel better about traveling at 70-75mph knowing the tire was designed and tested for these speeds? There is something wrong with a well built tire that can handle high speed...even if I'm not driving that speed???

Many claim to switch to LT trailer tires to allow for higher travel speed. Yet I don't see the same amount of flack I see here regarding ST tires and speeds over 65mph. What a joke.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II

westend
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingbob wrote:
I do not know how to paste a web site up here to make it easy , I have found two ST tires with 106 MPH ratings , and many , many with more than 65 MPH .
Now you're just being trollish.
It wasn't that funny the first time because a good bit of folks do have a lot of interest in their tires and their safety.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton