cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any good truck camper forums out there?

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

so I have tried with this forum and it is just messed up beyond all beliefe, new posts are horabaly highlighted at best, if some one replys to anything but the main topic then it isn't highlighted but moved up, the format for browsing is horrible.  anyways enough about this one..     the only other one I am in ia adventure truck camper forum, it is active but only has one area and everything is posted on top of each other..    is there any others out there that are worth giving a try?  

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
24 REPLIES 24

stuwu4s
Explorer II
Explorer II

this used to be a great place to look at stuff. NOT anymore. 

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III

I don't think there is anywhere to go instead.  Maybe there is a FB group.  Also, maybe this forum software will eventually be more usable.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Try irv2

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ya, I have been looking at it, havent formed an opinion on it as of yet though.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

lonewolf80
Explorer II
Explorer II

I've been a member of NROA for many years too, but it has even less traffic than here in the Truck Camper forum section anyways.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

ya I don't own any Northwoods products.. and there won't be a page for my camper its to old..  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

lonewolf80
Explorer II
Explorer II

My guess is there will be a forum based on the manufacturer of your camper, Northwood Mfg,  although not sponsored by the Mfg.

Someone already posted iRV2 Forums as a good source, and Forest River Forums has a wealth of info about FR products, but there may be truck campers on the forum that you can gain advice from.

Yeah, been a member of Irv2 for years.  Might check into Lance as well.  Although before the change, RV.net was the place to read and find info. 

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

RV net was realy only good because it had all the catagories.  for my 5th wheel I fine the manufactures forum (not sponcered) better actualy, but keystone doesnt make campers..  as for a manufacture page a 1991 slumberqueen doesnt have one so looking just more genaric.  I think I may have a log in on Irv2 that might be pretty old....  if I remember right I was on there when I was thinking of getting a class 8 and converting it to pull my 5th wheel.. still should have don't that haha

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

We are getting ready to depart on a month long road trip next Monday, so I won't be around here until our return. It will be interesting to see how much traffic the new forum gets compared to few of the other camper forums I frequent over morning coffee.  

IMG_3588.jpg

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

ya as soon as my new battery is ready, I have to get it mounted and such in the camper.  changing where I put it and might be adding an inverter at the same time.  I didn't calculate in my head properly how long it would take to charge five (one spair, but I want it top ballanced with the rest) 304AH LiFePo4 cell at 3.65V that are at 30% capacity at a blazing speed of 4amps......  I am close though, 95%, almost top ballanced 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Ya, it’s a mess. Forums are dying anyway. Seems just leaving the old one alone would have been the best bet. 
but it could be ok, just appears that the owner decided to design one in house and it’s not even close to working like it should. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

I have seen a couple that are this style, but I don't frequent thoes one either..  the main reason I was staying here was the truck camper forum and the diy/tech forums which they kinda screwed up with the change over also..  the old format worked but I think the inability to post pictures easily was causing issues.  I'll still read on here when I find a new truck camper forum I like, just might not be every day while I drink my coffee, where else am I going to find your smiling face LOL

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100