cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arctic fox slide adjustment

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever adjusted their own slide? I have a 2012 AF1150 with the full wall slide and noticed that when closed there is an approximate 1 inch gap at the rear wall near the roof. In other words, when closed everything looks good and tight except at the to of the slide near the rear of the camper where there is an app. 1 inch gap. The top of the slide near the front, though is closed tight. I've watched several videos on slide adjustments but none of them look like the system I have. If any of you have any experience or advice please let me know. I had hoped to use the camper this weekend. Thanks very much
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

From 5 years ago, when the person who posted a problem back then never even came back and replied or addressed it?  

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JDsdogs
Nomad II
Nomad II

Following, as I have an arctic fox product too. 

dhaston111
Explorer
Explorer

Can you pass any info you have on this, I am having the same issue.  Thank you

From 5 years ago, when the person who posted a problem back then never even came back and replied or addressed it?  

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK ...get ready... you may have a broken frame at the slide out entry. Watch really closely at what happens when you jack it up then put it on the ground and how it flexes when it is on the ground when you run the slide. This is not a joke....be really careful how Northwood will work with you. My frame broke and it was a really touch and go... and it did the exact same thing. This TC is yours from original purchase or 2nd hand? Be really careful not to break the siding if it is flexing this much...1 inch of not making contact means something is really wrong...and not just the slide but the whole frame on the slide side...it happened to me no joke. They had to remove the entire slide and re-weld the frame with extra supports..you got a fight ahead ...good luck and let us know what happens. Mine was with a 2006 1150 when in the early years but they did change pop out systems over the years. I have to ask this...does it close all the way at the bottom but not at the top?...regardless your 1150 is not working right and you know it..good for you your catching this and it may not be just a slide adjustment per say...look at it a lot closer.

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
I also thought something must be warped, but I spoke with Justin at Northwood and he said that this is actually a common problem because the slide is very heavy on the rear corner. He's going to try to talk me through some adjustments. I'll try to post some pics.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Depends on what type of system.

Rack and pinion: Could have broken shear pin or just need simple adjustment.

Schwintek: Look for a video on Youtube regarding re-timing the slide and always run it totally in or out without stopping. When it stops, always keep the button depressed another 3~5 seconds.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
If I understand the explanation, you have 3 corners of slide touching the wall and 4th sticking out?
Something has to be warped on the frame and I don't think adjusting the rolling mechanism will change it.
Start with posting some pictures?