Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairing Engine Codes PO171 PO174 Replace MAF and Oxygen Sensors

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

Repairing Engine Codes PO171 PO174 Replace MAF and Oxygen Sensors 

1000004055.jpg

I went to NAPA in Albuquerque and got two Denso Oxygen Sensors, $57.99 each, and a Delphi MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor. I chose the more expensive MAF sensor on the hope it would be of higher quality and Accuracy. I chose the Denso Oxygen sensors over the Bosch and NGK sensors. I liked the sensing element design of the Denso because it had holes all around the sensing element. The Bosch has three slits cut into the cover of the sensor. It was my opinion the Denso would sample the exhaust much more efficiently than the Bosch. I show a close comparison in the video, the differences between the two. 

So far, I have 100 or so miles on the new sensors and the engine is running great. We will begin heading Northward today to Sante Fe and places beyond.

I hope you folks are enjoying following our roadtrip these last few weeks.

J&K

1 REPLY 1

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

After this repair, my mileage immediately increased to 12.57 mpg from a terrible 6.0 to 8.0 mpg with the truck camper on and loaded. That is doubling the mileage. The savings in fuel costs will pay for the repair in a short time. Very happy with the results!