Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arkansas to Ogden, UT., need advice

Jim102
Explorer
Explorer
To all,
This will be out first major trip with our new F150 and Roo 21SS Hybrid trailer. We will be leaving April 1st for Easter in Ogden UT with our son and his family at Hill AFB.
The route is taking us to Denver from Cabot,Ar. then US25 to 287 to US80 to Ogden, is there still snow there or will the roads be OK?
Any help would be appreciated, like I said this is our first multi-day trip to somewhere and I am somewhat nervous about it since this will be our second trip in the TT, the f150 is a 2014 Ecoboost 4X4.

Thanks,
Jim
2018 Jayco Precept 29V Class A
Air Force 1969 - 1973
24 REPLIES 24

Jim102
Explorer
Explorer
Rea/Mark,
Thanks for the reply. We up to this point have been flat land campers. How is US80 as far inclines etc?

Thanks again,

Jim
Air Force 1969 - 1973

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
The roads should be fine all along your proposed route unless you hit a storm. If you're visiting at Hill, see if your son can get you a site at the base FamCamp. Not sure of their rules for family members, but it's right on base.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
CloudDriver wrote:
Jim102 wrote:
To all,
This will be out first major trip with our new F150 and Roo 21SS Hybrid trailer. We will be leaving April 1st for Easter in Ogden UT with our son and his family at Hill AFB.
The route is taking us to Denver from Cabot,Ar. then US25 to 287 to US80 to Ogden, is there still snow there or will the roads be OK?
Any help would be appreciated, like I said this is our first multi-day trip to somewhere and I am somewhat nervous about it since this will be our second trip in the TT, the f150 is a 2014 Ecoboost 4X4.

Thanks,
Jim

I assume you mean Interstate 25 north from Denver to US 287 from Fort Collins to Laramie then Interstate 80 west to Ogden. Unless it is snowing heavily on the day you are traveling these roads, there should be no problem.

Wyoming Road Condition Map

+1. However, keep in mind that March and April are the snowiest months for Colorado and Wyoming. Timing is everything. Also, on I-80 across Wyoming, there's a high probability of strong winds, and they will be a headwind. US287 has been known to be closed due to heavy snow in those months, and the approach to Laramie can be...challenging in a storm. Again...timing is everything.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only CG I know of in Ogden is a mobile home park; some folks have said it's ok. One thing you should be aware of: Easter weekend this year is the same as the LDS Church's General Conference in SLC, which may mean CGs are full - or will be shortly. I strongly suggest reservations wherever you plan to stay.

There are several other decent CGs in the area that will be open then (again, the reservations suggestion applies): SLC KOA, Pony Express RV Park, and 2 in Brigham City (not sure if they will be open by April 1 but it's possible), a KOA and Golden Spike RV Park.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Jim102
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the information, that will make it easier to decide when we want to go......We may delay going if the roads look too slick....Has anyone stayed at a campground in Ogden? When we do the trip, we will be staying there for a month....

Thanks,
Jim
Air Force 1969 - 1973

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
You'll have to check back as your travel time gets closer. The weather forecasters generally aren't very good more than a few days out, so it's tough to know what it's going to be like more than two weeks from now!
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Jim102 wrote:
To all,

Thanks,
Jim

I assume you mean Interstate 25 north from Denver to US 287 from Fort Collins to Laramie then Interstate 80 west to Ogden. Unless it is snowing heavily on the day you are traveling these roads, there should be no problem.

Wyoming Road Condition Map
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
Utah road conditions
1995 Fleetwood Mallard 22B.
2014 Ford F250 Crew Cab. 6.2, 4x4.

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
New Mexico road conditions