cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atlantic City NJ to Branchville NJ

bkick
Explorer
Explorer
Any Ideas? From the looks of the map there is not a good way to go. Pulling a 31 foot fifth wheel. One good or bad point is we will be doing it on a Saturday. The things we let our wives get us into.
Bkick
7 REPLIES 7

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
Parkway north to 78 west to 24 west to 287 north to 80 west to 15 north. 15 runs into 206 at Ross's Corner a few miles south of Branchville.

I've lived in northern NJ my whole life. Trust me, the above is the easiest, most direct and efficient route. On a Saturday there will be busy stretches of road but no nasty traffic. You will have to pull some steep but short hills on 15, but it is a multi-lane road through that stretch.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

bkick
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we will be camping while visiting family. We have stayed there several times in the past but this time the co pilot wanted to see Atlantic City before going there.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
Bkick

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
This question has been asked and answered many times. RVS ARE ABLE TO USE THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE GSP.

I see them using it all the time. The restriction is for commercial traffic only. I have a link to the toll rates you will pay which include your vehicle class north of Mile 105. The other link is to another site answering your question.

http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/documents/2012parkwaytollrates.pdf

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f42/nj-garden-state-parkway-re-5th-wheel-204826.html

I live 20 miles northeast of Branchville and have RVd this entire area. The best way with the least hassle is:

GSP North To
Route 440 West which turns into Interstate 287 North To
Interstate 80 West TO
Route 15 North
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought.... I go to that area often. Rt 206 on any Saturday is heavy with traffic, unless you drive thru early. I usually take the NJTP to exit 10- to Rt287N- to 206N. There are several small towns. Newton is the worst regarding traffic.
An option is take the Parkway(if you legally can) or the NJTP up and pick up Rt80 west to Rt15 North and pick up Rt 206 North of Newton. It is dual lane for the most part until north of Newton. Much less of a stressful ride. Safe travels. It is a beautiful area.
Are you camping there? There is so much to see and do. You will be close to some areas that have breathtaking mountain views if you ar leaf peeping. Do visit Space Farms Zoo and Museum. They have a lot more there than just animals.
Full timing it since July 2012

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, below exit 105 the GSP is merged with rt 9 so they can't ban trucks. The main intent of this ban is to keep the commercial trucks off the cars only portions of the GSP. I've seen plenty of two axle campers on the northern end an don't think they would bother you. There's no height issues on the northern end, just the ban on the bigger commercial trucks. You could call them and check if you don't want to take a chance.

The other thing you can do is take the AC expressway west to the NJ turnpike north to 287.

bkick
Explorer
Explorer
Per the website for the GSP no four axle vehicles are allowed beyond exit 105. It appears also that a pickup truck pulling a two axle trailer is a four axle vehicle by the GSP.
That is the reason I am having trouble finding a route.
Bkick

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I would take the GSP north to 287 north to 206. It's a pretty straight shot.