Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gotta love some of our california highways...

Made a trip down to Colusa via Hwy 70, Hwy 89, I-80, I-5 and Hwy 20. When we pulled into the Fairgrounds and set up ALL my clothes in the rear closet (a bunkhouse) were in a big pile. Not one hangar was on the rack.Then on our trip home from Vacavill...

I5 VS CA 99

Six miles difference between the two from Palm Spring to Sacramento. Is CA99 a limited access freeway?Which would you choose and why?Thanks

avoiding Chicago area traffic

We will be traveling West on I-80 in a few weeks. Looking for an alternate route right before Gary, Indiana on past I-57.I was looking at Taking HWY 49 south before I get to Gary, IN. Pick up Hwy 30 west until I hit I-80 again aroun Joliet.Has anyone...

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Newburgh KOA to Phil/West Chester KOA

I will be going from Newburgh KOA to Phil/West Chester KOA in August. Streets & Trips has me going Interstate 87 - Interstate 287 - Route 202 - Route 611 - Interstate 76. But I was wondering if it would be better to go Interstate 87 - Interstate 287 ...

djbogue by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Grants Pass to Gold Beach (OR)

MapQuest sends me south on 199 into California then back up 101 into Oregon. Is this an adequate route for my truck and 38ft 5th wheel? Many thanks!

SH by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Beartooth Pass

Beartooth Pass (Hwy 212) south of Red Lodge, MT is closed from Vista Point to the Wyoming line due to snow, icy road and wind

Corky12 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Iron Mountain Road and Needles Highway

Driving out west this summer in my 2009 Winnebago View 24H (length = 24'6"; width = 7'6" and height = 10'11"). We don't have a toad so am wondering if we can drive through Iron Mountain Road and Needles Highway in our RV. Thanks in advance

AGC by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Route From Poughkeepsie, NY to Cooperstown, NY

We will be going to Cooperstown, NY from Poughkeepsie, NY.We will be driving a 40 FT fifth wheel with 13'3" in height.Can we take I-87 to 23 to I-88. Or 23 to 145 then onto I-88 South???Anyone know those routes for type of road and heights??Any help ...

Truck drivers seat cushion

I want to go to Alaska from California but I'm concerned about my ability to drive that distance towing my 5'ver in my '01 2500 CTD Ram. I'm in my 70's and driving that distance can be very tiring as well as uncomfortable at times. Thinking about ...

garycq by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

CA-99 to I-5 north

If I drive up 99 in central CA and then want to take I-5 up into Oregon, where should I cut over to I-5?...Stockton, Lodi, Sacramento or other place?? Which road?

Janss by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

I90 across Minnesota

A few years ago I drove I90 across Minnesota and it was horrible ! Anyone know if this road has been improved ? Thanks for your help, Dave

US 219 Dubois, Pa to Buffalo NY

Planning to drive from I80 near Dubois Pa on US 219 to Buffalo NY. Anyone know of any issues or conditions along that route that would affect driving a 40' coach with toad?Any recommendations for getting around Buffalo? I want to get to I 190 and t...

Zany by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The Reef boondocking

We haven't been to the Reef boondocking for several years, wondering if it is still there? We like to travel to Puerto Penasco this coming winter season.Thank you