Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Roads to Hopi Cultural Center in Navajo Nation AZ

We plan to visit NM and AZ in October for the first time and thinking we may want to go to the Mesas to cultural center in Navajo Nation. It appears there may be two routes. Advice and road conditions info? We will be in our truck camper.

GPs by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Utah Roads For Class A

We're heading to Utah this Sept. and Oct. and are concerned about driving on the mountain roads with a class A diesel pulling a toad. I have the Mountain Directory which lists the roads and grades but I'd like to get some first hand experience from ...

Burghere by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

More things to NOT cross the border with...

You know..just adding to the list....======================================================================1. Ninja weaponsA Texas man attempting to cross the Canadian border at Coutts in late June told guards he was carrying ninja throwing stars — p...

191 from Rock Springs Wy to West Yellowstone Mt.

Is this a Big Rig friendly hwy? I am a 38'motorhome DP towing a 20' enclosed trailer loaded with jeep and two HD electraglides. Anything I should be worried about as in steep grades/decents, narrow roads, switchback curves???? anything at all to worr...

Purchases in Canada

Thinking about putting an air-ride suspension on my 5er. Company is in Thunder Bay Ontario. Will there be any excise or export taxes when I cross back into US? Or will the company charge all taxes? Some have said just don't tell them about it when re...

Mn_Hkr by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

RV campgrounds near Parry Sound

We are planning a trip in late September that takes us through Algonquin Park then over to the Parry Sound area then up to North Bay.We would welcome any suggestions for campgrounds in the Parry Sound area. About half way between Algonquin Park and N...

I25 Closure in Denver 8/8-8/11/14

I25 is being closed both north and southbound from 10:00pm Friday night 8/8 to Monday morning 8/11 at 5:00 am. A Bridge is being removed at 6th ave. The road is closed from 8th ave to Santa Fe Dr exit. If you are going to go north or south might w...

gvisnic by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

30 Road Trip Across America

Hello,I am hoping some of you can provide advice. Myself, my brother and cousin, all in our early twenties, are planning a cross country road trip for two years from now, in our RV. We live in upstate New York and have traveled extensively across t...

bigtent by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Philadelphia to Plymouth, MA - best route?

I'm planning a trip which will involve us driving from just south of Philadelphia to Plymouth, MA and back. The Good Sam Trip Planner has us going through New York on roads that do not allow RVs and/or propane. This obviously will not work. Can an...

Colorado hwy 131

We have a 40 ft motorhome towing a jeep. Looking at this route north to Steamboat from Leadville. Anyone taken this hwy?

Not the campground I expected.

I stayed at Elm River campground in Debert NS Canada end of July weekend. Not good. First there was a five dollar cost if you blew the 30 amp breaker, turning on the a/c and electric hot water at same time apparently, would cause this to happen . Sec...

Florida to Boone NC towing RV

Taking our first trip towing a 27' Coleman/Dutchmen (Ford Expedition EL), Jacksonville FL to the Boone NC area, it's looking like I-95 to I-26 to I-77 to US421 up through Blowing Rock -- anybody have any recent travel experience/advice in this area? ...

Baltimore bypass - which route?

We're headed up I95 through Baltimore on Saturday. It looks like the route to the east of Baltimore is more direct than the route to the west, but I can't tell if there is a tunnel on that route. Does anyone one know which way is the best way to byp...

Cottonwood Pass

Hi folks.We will be visiting the Taylor Park area in a week or so in our 38' DP.We will coming from Leadville. We could save a lot of miles by going over the Cottonwood Pass.Have you gone over the Pass lately? What are the conditions ?Thanks much.Dan