Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lexington Kentucky to South Jersey

Is taking 75 to 71 to 70 to PA Turnpike any less hilly than travel through western Maryland and West Virginia? Was not too happy with 79 and 68 in WV on my way to Kentucky. Any alternative routes?Thanks.

Driving Route 50

DW and I are planning a trip from Grand Junction to Colorado Springs on Route 50 over Monarch pass.From reading other posts, yes, we will avoid route 550.1. Around Grand Junction, how is James Robb State Park, Fruita section for about 5 days? Or wo...

genekiwi by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Insurance for Albertans

Every year we survey about 10-12 companies for our winter travel insurance. This year we plan to take advantage of the 7 months out of province and spend a month going accross Canada before crossing for 6 months into the USA. In our quest for trave...

netjam by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone Trip

In a month we are heading to Yellowstone from NC. Will be taking the major highways: I-40 West, I-24 to Kansas City, I-80 to North Platte, NE. From there going I-25 North/US87 to Casper, WY, then thru Cody, WY via I255/US20/12W to East Entrance of YN...

I80 and I70

Will be leaving for southeast WY in two weeks from Central Jersey. We had been planning to take the "southerly" route (I70) because I was on I80 two winters ago and it was a mess. Now I'm hearing that I70 is to be avoided like the plague. Apparent...

Death Valley considerations for a 1996 Class A in June

Hi, we're traveling to So California from Washington and looking at options for side trips. Considering taking a trip to Death Valley, but wondering about the risks that need consideration in that decision. What we're driving: 1996 Winnebago Adventu...

timr by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Up the Dalton with or without TT

I've been making plans this year for a trip to Alaska in 2015. We will spend a month or so there just camping and enjoying the beauty of Alaska and one thing I really want to do is drive the Dalton Highway to the top.... I have been as far as Fairban...

interactive map

Does anyone know of a site with interactive maps. I know about the ones from cracker barrel, koa etc, but they are point to point and what I want is to see a map click on points and see how it connects the dots! The ones that allow additional way ...

Route Planning Advice - Western NC to Denver Area

Hello,Wife & I are planning a trip starting from Western NC and ending in the Denver area. We will be traveling in a 24' class C and love to travel scenic highways and boon dock whenever possible. Also love state and federal parks. Would like to us...

srssrs by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Checking new route from Black Hills to Cheyenne, WY

Hi Everyone,We are currently in the Black Hills and have to change our plans.Considering taking I-90 west to South Dakota State Highway 79 South at Rapid City to State Highway 18 west into Wyoming to Lusk, WY and continuing on 18 to I-25 South on int...

herewer by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Taxco Trip Report

This is a trip report to Taxco on the mainland posted on the Baja Nomad site, http://forums.bajanomad.com/ . It was so enjoyable I felt there maybe others on here that would enjoy. Here is the link to the trip report, http://forums.bajanomad.com/vi...

rocmoc by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BC Parks, Porcupines, and Chicken Wire

On some of the pages for the parks in BC, the authors say that porcupines are a problem and that one should put chicken wire around the vehicle so that the animals do not chew on the rubber hoses and the wiring. It sounds like a hoax, but apparently...