Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Arizona Dust Storms Fri-Sat. Pull Aside - Stay Alive.

With a storm approaching the area this weekend, the NWS has posted a watch for strong winds and dust storms in the desert SW. If you plan on driving on I-10 or similar areas in Arizona or New Mexico, use caution and keep an eye the weather reports. ...

Traveling to Canada,need info

Thanks in advance for help,Will be traveling to Pincher creek,Alberta, in about 2 weeks,,crossing at SweetGrass,34'fifth wheel,I have passport ,will I need anything else,is there a better place to cross?Thanks20012, 34' Sunnybrook 5er,2005 Chevy 2500...

ccmacon by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Omaha to Vancouver via Banff

We are planning to take our MH to Vancouver via Banff and other points of interest in July. Glacier National Park certainly is of interest, but we are concerned about taking a class A through mountains. We also are open to traveling through more of...

hhornig by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ferry Costs

I was participating in the other thread about taking the ferry from Whittier to Bellingham, and didn't want to derail the thread....Since I'd love to skip canada and all the hassles of not bringing firearms, worrying about breakdowns, etc. I thought ...

Winter trip from NH to Florida

We are just in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Florida next winter. Right now we are trying to decide on what would be our best route. Our other concern is finding places to stay while still in the cold weather. I'm not sure if we will ...

mrebele by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Rt 89 in Az

Is rt 89 open now from Page to Flagstaff? I know it was closed last year for a landslide. Thanks for any info, Dave

Travelling the Southwest

We have never been to New Mexico or Arizona, our trip schedule for this summer and fall would take us into both states. My question is, during October up to Thanksgiving, what kind of weather conditions/issues could we run into in New Mexico while va...

Virginia Highway system

We recently returned from a trip South. We kind of meandered across VA. and we will be returning for a more in depth trip concentrating on the Blue Ridge Region. We passed many many interesting looking side roads that in my mind would be worth explor...

pitch by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

So how really bad are the mosquitos in Alaska

I always heard the mosquitos are the Alaska state bird but never having been there I'd really like to know what it's like.Is there a season or time frame when they are worse than others Just out in the boonies or everywhere? Near the ocean, like at ...

trcgolf by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Road or High Road to Taos? Chama?

From Santa Fe, which road to Taos? Which road is the Ranchos de Taos church on? I can only do one on my way to the Grand Canyon; would like the one with the best view. Any recommendations on a route from Taos to Chama? THANKS!

Rt 9 VT / NH?

This summer we're headed to Freedom NH from Albany NY. Mapquest & Good Sam routes us across Rt 9 through Vermont and New Hampshire.It looks like a slow but scenic drive, or is there another route that would be better?

mbopp by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes