Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Grand Canyon to Zion

Hello all - looking for advice on the best route from the south rim to Zion in a 36 ft class A towing a Jeep. I've read that 64 east over to 89 north is fine. My dilemma is whether to take 89 through Paige or 89A to 389. Goal is to land in Hurrica...

Liesl by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Canadian Border

We are planning a trip to Alaska in our 40-foot RV, with a tow vehicle, driving from Washington through Canada. What can we expect at the Canadian border? Is it a hassle to cross? Would like to hear other's experiences, good and bad, to assist us ...

Traveling to Disney

My family and I will be visiting Disney in a few weeks. So I was planning on taking 4 but I have heard that the traffic can be pretty bad. I will be coming from the North on 95. Any suggestions would be great. We will be hitting Orlando around 3:30 i...

Carrluvr by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone familiar with I40 through NM and AZ

Hi, I'm new to this board and new to RVing. My dh and I recently purchased a 31ft travel trailer. We've only driven it from the point of purchase to home - but that was 600 miles through Oklahoma and got a good taste of how it handles in the wind. An...

Dottie5 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Roll Call Lower 48 2014

Anyone else planning a trip south this summer?We will be leaving Alaska the last week in May. Tent camping through Canada on our way to Oregon to pick up our 5th wheel.From there we will be camping on the OR coast and northern CA... then winging it t...

sidney by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to avoid Memphis

What have you found to be the best routing system? I am using google maps to go from Biloxi Ms to Dubois Wy. Trying to avoid going into Memphis Tn. Have driven there before with a motorhome (I-55) and had too much fun. Still have a Memphis scratch on...

our great lakes trip in july- aug 2014

we are planning our trip from Memphis, tn area to Decatur, ind. for two days for rv maintenance at factory. then to western Michigan with stops in battle creek, traverse city and sault ste marie. I need advice on which route to go from northern michi...

Detroit to Utah

I am looking for advice on the best route to take from Detroit to St. George Utah (SW corner). I70 and I-80 both end up in Denver but it would appear I-80 would be a shorter distance. Is the terrain similar on both routes? Is it easy to get throug...

Tripalot by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Coming to Boyd Lake State Park/Loveland,CO?

For anyone that's interested in Boyd Lake State Park, or goes there regularly, here's some information on GETTING THERE, since there's some road construction going on.The entrance to Boyd Lake is on Larimer County Rd 11C. There's 2 ways to access; o...

Disney World Fort Wilderness

Just looking for some feedback if anybody has ever used Disney World Fort Wilderness camp grounds facility? Is it a good place to set up camp for a couple of weeks or is there a better option.

taylorga by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Wednesday's solar storm and the aurora -- a question

I just read online that there was a very big solar flare on Saturday and that satellite operators are worried about damage on Wednesday, April 2. But yet the aurora forecasts are fairly quiet for the next few days. I think I'm missing something a...

Pocono campgrounds

Planning a trip to the Poconos. Narrowed down our campground choices to Silver Valley Campsites, Saylorsburg or Mountain Vista Campground, East Stroudsburg. We have a 36' 5th wheel so I'm a little concerned about accessibility to these campgrounds. S...

Provo to Laramie Options

Looks like when I get to Heber City I can go north and east picking up I80 all the way. Or, head south and east on US40 probably heading north at Craig to pick up I80. I like to stay off the interstates if there is a reasonable alternative - I'm sho...

greg121 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Weed, Ca to Kamloops, BC

We will be towing a 35' 5th wheel trailer to Kamloops, BC in August and the routing shows taking either I-5 or Hwy 97. I was wondering if anyone has information which highway they like better. Hwy 97 is two lane, but I-5 goes through Portland and Sea...

-2l by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I-40 Littlerock to Memphis

It's been three or four years since I have been across I-40 from Littlerock to Memphis but the last time it was one of the roughest interstates I have traveled. Anyone know if there has been any changes in the last several years? Seems like that high...