Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best time to avoid all insect pests

The last time we drove to Alaska, we left the US in mid-June and returned in mid-July. The mosquitoes feasted on us all the way. Another thread asked about black flies. We didn't have a problem with them. Nevertheless, other than winter, when is the ...

Alaska tour coupon book or one like it

We will be on 90 day 5th wheel adventure through BC, YT and Alaska this summer. Will purchasing the Alaska Tour Coupon book, or something like it be worthwhile?FishingBoat toursRestaurantsExhibits/museumsetc.

funpro by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cortez to Grand Junction, Colorado

I am hoping to drive from Cortez, CO to Grand Junction and would like to take hwy 145 to Telluride before getting over to US550. The time of year will be mid to late May. Is the road open at that time of year and is it recommended for a MH pulling a ...

Coleman Lantern in mid-May - early July?

We're starting to look for things to leave home from the usual stuff in our truck camper. On a trip where we board an Alaska ferry in Prince Rupert in mid-May and continue from Haines to Denali, etc., will there be a need for a Coleman lantern? We'...

EEWally by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Rhode Island to Wisconsin

Doing this in late March...not sure yet if it will be the bus or a car. I'm not a fan of the NYS Thruway (I-90), but would this be a better ride than I-80? (But geez...the toll just in NY will be $37!) What are fuel prices like in New York?

Jarlaxle by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Best route from Lafayette In to AAsheville NC?

Going to see my nephew this summer and wonder what the best route would be from Lafayette In to Asheville NC. Have never done any mountain driving so any advice would be appreciated. 2011 Coachmen Encounter with the V10.Thanks Brent

New York City. What's going on?

We decided to go to NYC this June 2014. Through the help of this site we decided to stay at Liberty Harbor. Going through the web sites of the individual tourist spots like Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, 911 memorial etc, all of the ticket...

homedad by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

RV registration

We took our first 5th into Mexico a few years ago - registered to husband - didn't return the permit - and then sold it in Canada. We now have a different 5th, and are returning to Mexico in January - would it be OK to have the registration in two n...

bb50 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Rt. 17 Chesapeake Va

I am going to Myrtle and would like to take 17 down. What can I expect? I am considering this for nostalgic reasons. I haven't been o it in 30 years, and I would like to check out some of the sights that I missed back then.

pitch by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nacogdoches, tx to Atlanta

Traveling with 40' motorhome with toad. I20 looks like obvious route but posts say this is horrible in ms and la. Alternatives?Expect to overnight in ms between Jackson and meridian. Don't see many alternatives. Just try a walmart?Thanks for any idea...

sacramento to eureka california

I will be going to my granddaughter's wedding in Eureka, CA in May and can't take the time to drive my RV so I am flying to Sacramento and renting a car to drive to Eureka. There are at least 3 viable routes but I would like to know would be the most...