Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Route Questions Ak to Wa State (Sumas)

Headin out from ANC next week.Wondering about portions of the route. Looking for safe and fast routes.1. When I get to Charlie Lake via Canadian Hwy 97, do I continue on 97 or do I take 29 until it meets up with Hwy 97 again?2. Looks like route from ...

Sabluka by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Around Joshua Tree

Thinking about stopping off at Joshua Tree NP (presuming its open) on the way to Quartzite. S&T is giving me fits plotting a route by the place from Barstow. It would really like to send me down through Palm Springs and Indio which I have no desire t...

greg121 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Visiting New York City and Washington DC

We are currently near Boston and would like to visit New York City and DC. Looking for suggestions on where we could park our MH out side these cities. Then take some sort of public transit into these cities. Any information on some sort of bus tours...

High Wind and Blowing Dust Warning in Southern Arizona

Southern Arizona, including I-10, I-17, & I-19 is currently experiencing strong gusty winds and the potential for dust storms exists for this afternoon.Gusts to 50mph are predicted. Very dense blowing dust is a real possiblity. Be CAREFUL if you're...

Northern Lights

We will be leaving Niagra around Oct. 16. Looking at google earth, it looks like the Northern Lights are visible around this time of year. Are there any campgrounds open that late? Is Georgian Bay/Lake Huron a good place to go? Leaving BR on Saturday...

The Interstates...

an overview. Some will know that Eisenhower was in large part responsible for the building of our current interstate system. The overall goal was to span the east to the west with roadways that would expedite travel while at the same time link our gr...

artguys by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Chattanooga south on US 27 in Georgia

We're in Chattanooga right now and we'll be heading home to Louisiana in a couple of days. We would like to avoid I-59 in Alabama north of Gadsden on the return trip--40 miles of some of the worst roads I've ever experienced (our traveling buddies h...

Lee_S by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Highway from Crossville TN to Lawrenceburg TN

I will be leaving Knoxville on Sunday going to Lawrenceburg TN. I will get off I40 at Crossville and take Hwy.70 to Sparta and then looks like 70S to McMinnville and then Hwy.55 to Fayetteville and get on Hwy. 64 to Lawrenceburg. This will all be new...

101NB/Gaviota tunnel clearance?

I've searched the net and come up with varying heights for the clearance on the Gaviota tunnel northbound on 101 north of Santa Barbara. Lowest I've found is 14', highest I've seen reported is 17'5". My trailer is listed at 13'10" but have never ac...

Ramah/Zuni to Silver City, NM

Has anyone driven NM-36, NM-32, NM-12, NM-117 and US-180 from the Ramah/Zuni/Grants area to Silver City. The Mountain Directory does not have any listings for these State Highways. Would appreciate information on road conditions. I drove the section...

Gays Mills, WI to Prairie Du Chine, WI

Going to Gay's Mills, WI for apples, would like to head back to Prairie Du Chine mid afternoon. Looking for a great out of the way place for dinner. Mid afternoon Friday Oct 11, 2013Nee help, Thank you!!

Newfoundland

Wife and I would like to travel to St John's Newfoundland this coming June (2014). I've searched the Newfoundland website, used GoodSam trip making software, but none of them give enough information. I've kept a few blogs people have written about th...