Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dalton Hwy Condition Report

Dalton Highway, aka Alaska State Hwy 11, aka The Haul Road, starts at mile Zero and goes to 414. The numbers I have listed at the left of each paragraph is the mileage markers. We are full-timers and like to take our motorhome wherever we want to g...

35 or 93?

We're in Missoula, MT for a couple of days but will head to Glacier on Saturday. I thought taking 93 to Kalispell then 2 to West Glacier would be best but had someone suggest taking 35 to 2 instead. They said it was much prettier and wasn't too bad o...

Babb, Montana Border Delay

Today we traveled from Calgary South on Rte. 2. When we got to the Babb border crossing at 1 PM everything stopped. It was backed up for a mile with no movement at all for about one hour. It is a Canadian long weekend (Heritage Day Mon.) so some dela...

MO13 from Springfield to Clinton

Looking for info on MO13 from Springfield to Clinton. Are lanes narrow with no shoulders like a lot of Missouri highways or is it a decent road for travel in a Class A.

Beartooth Pass Hwy

Looking into touring the pass next summer on our 1st trip out west from Ma. Thinking of staying a couple nights in Cody on the way to Yellowstone, and doing the Beartooth - Chief Joesph loop. My question is how long is the drive in reality, taking on...

Padlin by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Houston to Destin

This will be our first long(er) trip with the 5er and I was hoping somebody had some advice as possible places to stop and eat/fuel up etc.Will be leaving from west Houston and plan on stopping around Lake Charles to grab a bite to eat and top off th...

Bjsdvm08 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Salem Ma to Plymoth Ma

OK what is the best route from Salem MA to Plymouth MA with a BIG 5th wheel? Is it better to go the outer belt (I-95) or through Boston (I-93)? Going to be going midweek.

roadtrippers.com resource

On another forum someone posted this link. I played with it a few minutes and it looks incredible. Enter a start location and a destination, then you can find all kinds of stuff along the route.https://roadtrippers.com/welcome?mode=explore

Bryce Canyon over to I-5 North

Going to be in Bryce Canyon mid Sept,would like to leave there and return home(British Columbia) via I-5.Considering going thru Ely and over to Reno and on up to Redding?Looks like alot of mountain passes,is there an easier way to acomplish this? Tra...

Bruce_H by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Skate Creek roads

Is the Skate Creek road (Forest Rd. 52 between Packwood and Elbe Washington) suitable for use with a small class C (25') towing a dinghy?

Yellowstone from the North

What is the best route into Yellowstone from the north? There seems to be a choice of 89 to the north entrance, 191 into the west entrance, or 287 into the west entrance. Any recommendations?I will be coming into Yellowstone from Glacier in mid Septe...

waynefi by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Forest fire means smoke - north end of Cassiar Hwy B.C.

The north end of the Cassiar Hwy has a significant fire burning near it. Thus, there may be smoke visible, from Teslin in Yukon and Dease Lake, B.C.The fire isn't close to the highway so should not impact travellers, other than with the smoke obscuri...

sue_t by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes