cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cincinnati Construction?

63-Coupe
Explorer
Explorer
We will be heading south through Cincinnati on Wednesday, probably early to mid afternoon. We have been through there many times but it has been a couple of years so I was wondering what the road condition and construction situation was like these days on I-75. The last time it was quite rough and congested with narrow lanes due to construction. We are not pressed for time so can go around the long way to avoid the aggravation if necessary. Towing a 30' TT.

Anyone been through there recently? Any local people that can comment?
8 REPLIES 8

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
It's not terrible anymore. Most of the construction is between the Reagan highway and Mitchell Rd. It's only a couple mile stretch, just stay out of it during rush hour. You need to be inside the loop either after 9am or before 3pm.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
We came thru yesterday afternoon from south on 75 in heavy traffic without any problems. No really tight places just some crazy drivers in a hurry.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
Considering that there are 3 interstates in Cincinnati and I 75 is one of the most highly traveled in the country, is would be a surprise to expect that there would not be construction a lot.

Also take into account that when it was first built, it was only 2 lanes each way which was never sufficient, and that they have had little or no room for expansion without tearing out a lot of housing and commercial buildings.

Also take into account the the highway engineers never seem to look much into the future when they plan expansions.

A couple of years ago the city rebuilt a bridge over I 75 and left very little expansion room under the bridge. Now when they decide to add lanes they will have to tear down the new bridge and start over.

I have become convinced that highway engineers never have to drive on the roads they design, therefore they don't care if they are usable by the general public. (I think they follow the engineers in the auto industry who design cars, and engines that they never need to do repair or maintenance work on)
Jim Hunter

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:
"these days"??? I grew up in & left Ohio in 1966. The construction thru Cinci is now the same as it was than.... a never ending 'Invent-A-Job' program.

Like the OP, I would drive through Cinci once or twice a year going to the inlaws home in NC. I could never understand why there was ALWAYS MAJOR CONSTRICTION going on !

The good news was, outside of afternoon rush hour, driving straight up I-75 wasn't too bad.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help you with the construction information. But, since you're not pressed for time I would recommend stopping at Jungle Jim's International Market. ๐Ÿ™‚

It's in Fairfield Ohio, just north of Cincinnati.
There's a second location in Cincinnati, I've never visited that location.
It's worth the time to stop and resupply.

The_Kroc
Explorer
Explorer
The construction is a lot better than it was last Summer. The work being done will go on for a couple more years, but it's not a white knuckle experience right now. Just take it easy and try to time your trip before 3:30 PM. Safe travels.

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
"these days"??? I grew up in & left Ohio in 1966. The construction thru Cinci is now the same as it was than.... a never ending 'Invent-A-Job' program.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Google maps usually has construction zones marked. No substitute for first hand local knowledge, but a good place to start. Just google "Directions to xyz from abc" using your destination and starting point and then see the route.

A mouse wheel can help with zooming.