jtomich4
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds very small. Will we fit with a Dodge Ram 4x4 and LanceCamper? Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
You can take the cable car to get a good view. Be sure to visit Diego Rivera's house.

Moisheh

Talleyho69
Don't miss the Don Quixote museum.

jtomich4
Explorer
Explorer
El Morrill RV Park. Beautiful vistas, steep walk, excellent Museum of contemporary art, lots of cardio. Very interesting place fabulously decorated. Google maps led us almost to it, but didnโ€™t know about the construction detour. Spent an hour figuring out how to cover that last quarter kilometer. U-turns, backing down skinny curvy steep streets blocked by Coca Cola trucks, etc. Pretty challenging but Iโ€™d do it again. Weโ€™re the only campers here. Feels very safe, immaculate bathrooms, showers. Wonderful management. Might stay a few extra days.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Many moons ago!!

Talleyho69
I just did some surfing and found some very recent reviews and photos of El Morril that show truck campers and slightly larger rigs. Put the name in and see what you come up with.

Talleyho69
How long ago were you there?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There is one small CG that is on the same lot as a Motel. If it is still open stay away. Water was almost black. Power non existent. Lots of low hanging wires. Very small sites. We were in a Truck camper.

Moisheh

DieselBurps
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at El Morril with a dodge 4x4 and Northstar truck camper

DieselBurps
Explorer
Explorer
Which one exactly are you referring to ? I was just in Guanajuato.

Talleyho69
Probably, but others in the more recent know will check in.

We tried to get to it in about 2005 in our 22"Class C. Part way up we realized that we needed a valve job and backed down to a place where we could finally turn around. Fortunately the oncoming traffic was accustomed to this behavior.

Guanjuato is an amazing city and worth loads of time, even if you end up staying at the park out of town.