cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I65?

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Florida to Niagara Falls....which would be an easier drive.....I75 or I65?
I know I10 to 231 to I65 will take longer, and will avoid mountains, but how are the roads on that route?
I75 still have repairs going on (from rock slide I believe)?
3 of us...Jim, Susan &
Linksy (Maine Coon with a drop of Persian)
6 REPLIES 6

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Roy.
Stickdog...heard I75 is clear now...hoping
Stevewise....mountains and runaway lanes on i77...did it once in motorhome never again.
Parrothead Mike....we have 5 days to decide...will watch the weather and then decide.
3 of us...Jim, Susan &
Linksy (Maine Coon with a drop of Persian)

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We just came back from Crystal River, FL using that route the end of March. Very little construction going north until you get to Louisville. A second bridge over the Ohio River has just about been completed and we didn't have a problem going through there on a weekday about 6 p.m. The signage is a little confusing, but the bridges were fine.

Further north into Indiana has some one-lane construction zones, but again, it didn't really slow us down much. You can take I-69 north to Michigan that way and cross into Canada at Detroit or Port Huron or cut over toward Ohio at some point.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

stevewise
Explorer
Explorer
Why not use I-95 to I-77 to I-79 to I-90 not too many major cities to go through and you miss Atlanta.
'15 Sierra 377FLIK
'14 Ford F350 SRW King Ranch
DW and Cricket the Chihuahua

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you do end up going I65 try to avoid layover at South BLVD in Montgomery... Unless it has changed in the past few years all of that around the Truck Stop and South BLVD has turned into a war zone. All of the businesses there are boarded up and you definitely don't feel safe... Used to be the prime Montgomery hotel area years past...

I spent many of times working in that area and stayed at all those fine hotel places there over the years - Was down there of recent time with my Wife and had pulled into what used to a big Holiday Inn which was boarded up just showing the wife where we stayed etc... Next thing I know we have two city police on both sides of us explaining we should move to the East side of town as it just wasn't safe here... First time I have ever had that happen to me haha...

There is an RV Park place across the South BLVD from the Truck Stop too...

Just saying...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Took us about 40 minutes to get through the I75 slide area noonish EDT on Thursday 04/07/16.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
I 75. The rockslide is not open with 1 lane. 5 minute delay last week. Try to travel through Atlanta (yes, go straight through between 10 AM and 2 PM or late night/early morning.

Watch your signs and you will not have a problem. It takes 4 eyes to drive through Atlanta with the RV.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel