cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jasper - Whistler - Googo Earth vs Reversation

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
The new Canada reservation system map does not agree with google maps/ google earth view. I know they did a lot of work last year at the campground. Because we have a dog we want to as far away from other campers as possible. Does this area still exist???

Click For Full-Size Image.

Click For Full-Size Image.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
7 REPLIES 7

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Thank all of you. After I rotated the map, all is OK
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
We stayed in loop 58. Seems to me loop five has cabins.
Most of the rehab has increased spacing in many sites. Loops 15 and 16 looked more like tent size sites. Old map shows loop 0-5 as tents and cabins.

That could be why there is more space between them. I didn't check the website on loop 5, just loops 15 and 16.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed in loop 58. Seems to me loop five has cabins.
Most of the rehab has increased spacing in many sites. Loops 15 and 16 looked more like tent size sites. Old map shows loop 0-5 as tents and cabins.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Click the link enblethen posted.
Look at the bottom left corner to see the "compass". The map is rotated 90 degrees to the right, with North being towards the right side of the map/page.
As others have said, turn your maps so they're both pointing in the same direction based on the compass points.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
wildtoad wrote:
Looks like the place is on both maps. Just need to turn one or the other so they line up. 15+16 seems to match the place you’re pointing to.

X2.

On the satellite image, the 93 is on the right hand side. On the campground map, it's on the bottom. Flip the campground map counter clockwise 45 degrees and it will be easier to compare.

It appears that the sites in loops 15 and 16 will accomodate RVs, but they are dry campsites with no hookups.

From the images, it looks like loop 5, while being in the main section has campsites further apart than the other loops and is set off from the other loops a bit. It is closer to the 93 though. But might be an option.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like the place is on both maps. Just need to turn one or the other so they line up. 15+16 seems to match the place you’re pointing to.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is current map! Whistler
Drove around road by your choice. Look like it was for tents only.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker