cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mountain Directories East and West

PcolaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning fellow travelers. Just a little tidbit you may find helpful. We have the Mountain Directory West which was very useful on our trip West.
We wanted to get the Mountain Directory East so I went to Amazon and was surprised at the price. The cheapest one was 10 years old and with shipping cost, would be almost $40. The newer ones were quite more! So I Googled the website of the publisher and found the 2015 version for $15 plus $3 shipping. I upgraded to expedited shipping for $5 and the total was just under $20.
You're welcome!
18 REPLIES 18

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Outrageous prices.

PcolaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
RoyF, I saw those crazy prices too, I think they must be an attempt to scam but don't know why anyone would fall for it!
Joelc, that looks interesting and appears to have a lot of useful information. Thanks for the suggestion.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you checked the Rand McNally Motor Carriers' Road Atlas? We got the large scale laminated version for our trip out West this coming year. Planned a trip on the GPS then used dry erase pens to verify the roads on the atlas.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. After seeing this, I looked at Amaon for Mountain Directory East and found one for $746!! It was a 1999 edition. Has this become a rare book for collectors? I guess that I should take care of my 2013 edition.