cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nevada 264 & 266

Litch
Explorer
Explorer
Are NV Hwy 264 and 266 good roads? I am going to Pahrump (not with RV this trip) and wanted to cut over from 395 at Lee Vining and the route I have always taken is 120 to 6 to 95 south. Looking at the map and doing a google directions, it looks like 264 and 266 are more direct. Any thoughts and advise for those roads is appreciated.
2006 Chevy HD LBZ Duramax/Allison
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 30sks
6 REPLIES 6

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Paved and nice drive after Dyer going to 95. We have some gravel roads that are better than paved ones in this county.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II

Thanks. I'm going the Lee Vining route just to break things up, been the 95 route way too many times. I was just checking on whether 264 and 266 were good and not gravel roads, been on plenty of those in Nevada as well.

They are good roads.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Litch
Explorer
Explorer
nevadanick wrote:
The most direct route is to go through Yerington via Smith Valley to Shurz and pick up 95 there.

Thanks. I'm going the Lee Vining route just to break things up, been the 95 route way too many times. I was just checking on whether 264 and 266 were good and not gravel roads, been on plenty of those in Nevada as well.
2006 Chevy HD LBZ Duramax/Allison
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 30sks

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Ok i looked at a map, 264/266 are good roads that go through Dyer Ca. Its a nice drive but i dont believe its any more direct than going through Tonopah.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
The most direct route is to go through Yerington via Smith Valley to Shurz and pick up 95 there.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
All of Nv state highways are good roads. I dont know the numbers but near LeeVining the highway north of Mono lake goes to Hawthorne and the one south of Mono goes to Benton intersecting with 6. The latter is a nice drive across to 6.