cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Planning trip from MI to Nunn Colorado then on to CA coast

redwingfans
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I will be traveling from MI to Nunn Colorado then on to Manchester CA. We prefer to boonddock, but low cost primitive camping in public parks are wonderful experiences too.

We consider our travel to be more important than the destinations. Our time constraints are minimal, most likely would spend a few days at each stop.

Our 20' class B allows us a lot of freedom when deciding on routes and back county camping. Thank YOU in advance for any suggestions/ideas you can provide.

Happy Travels
Mark and Linda
2013 Pleasure Way Excel
3 REPLIES 3

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, We didn't know that there was a Nunn, CO.
That is my wife's family name and they were from Michigan.
Tinbender

redwingfans
Explorer
Explorer
Yes we will visiting family in Nunn, plan to be in that area 3 to 5 days. I am sure family will come up with lots to see and do in that area.

Plan to leave Michigan in mid August, and have no time constraints. We much prefer nature than tourist stop build ups. Thinking of taking a northern route on the return trip. Ideas for Wyoming would be appreciated!!
Mark and Linda
2013 Pleasure Way Excel

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
redwingfans wrote:
DW and I will be traveling from MI to Nunn Colorado then on to Manchester CA. We prefer to boonddock, but low cost primitive camping in public parks are wonderful experiences too.

We consider our travel to be more important than the destinations. Our time constraints are minimal, most likely would spend a few days at each stop.

Our 20' class B allows us a lot of freedom when deciding on routes and back county camping. Thank YOU in advance for any suggestions/ideas you can provide.

Happy Travels

Presumably, you'll be visiting family/friends in Nunn? If not, there's a KOA Campground right off I-25 at the Owl Canyon Exit north of Wellington, CO which is in close proximity to Nunn. Mostly long term folks there, but open spots are available as well.

Beyond Nunn and on to California,it's wide open to suggestions, depending on your area of interest, what you'd like to see and do, how much time you have, when you're planning to travel, etc. Time and weather could certainly be determining factors.

There's a lot of "must see" locations in Colorado and Wyoming, and Nunn could be your base for some of them depending on how long you plan to stay there. It's just a short drive up to Cheyenne on US 85 or I-25; a bit longer drive to Estes Park/RMNP or the Denver Metro area.

I'm sure others will have additional recommendations. More info would be useful to give you some specific advice.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.