cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powder River RT 16 W

WDW_BWV
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to plan for a trip toYellowstone and I'm looking at the mountin directory, and the notation for Powder River Pass below Buffalo, WY. Here is my question: would you plan to unhook your towed vehicle? I've never driven west of WI and just starting out towing. We've got a supplemtal break in the Jeep.
1 REPLY 1

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
WDW.BWV wrote:
Trying to plan for a trip toYellowstone and I'm looking at the mountin directory, and the notation for Powder River Pass below Buffalo, WY. Here is my question: would you plan to unhook your towed vehicle? I've never driven west of WI and just starting out towing. We've got a supplemtal break in the Jeep.

No need to unhook, as far as degree of difficulty for Powder River Pass. Coming from Buffalo, it sort of sneaks up on you, it's not overly steep coming from the east side. Dropping down on the west side, it's a long decline to Ten Sleep, with some curves, but again, nothing overly taxing for one's driving skills. Just remember to use your gears judiciously and drop them down as you're going down. Many folks drop down to 2nd gear and have no problems.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.