cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St Louis to Branson

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a route to branson where i can avoid the 19% grade i hear so much about, Please help
16 REPLIES 16

Not applicable
65 if going south, turn off at college of ozarks (Hollister) exit route 165. 5 miles to stagecoach. Nice 2 lane. Curvey but ok. Lots of rvโ€™s because of state park and Stagecoach. Great area. Table rock lake access close. If coming from ark, take 65 to 265 to 165 to Stagecoach. (265 is about 2 miles north of the top of the rock/big cedar hwy 86 exit.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
I think that 19% grade mentioned in relation to Branson is a short stretch of hwy 376 on the west side of Branson connecting the strip area to highway 265.

video

Oh yeah I forgot about that one all of a 1/4 mile long. I saw the sign and said whhhhhhhhhhhat
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Not applicable
I live by stagecoach. 44-to-65 to the Hollister exit about 2 mi south of the 76 country blvd exit. (165 college of the ozarks exit). Itโ€™s 5 miles to Stagecoach rv park from the exit. Go to the light at C of O, turn left at the light. Stay on 165. The only hills are going down 65 when you get south of Springfield. Not bad, but beautiful ozarks scenery. About 55 mi.from I-44. Best breakfast in Branson is next door at Hungry Hunters. State park marina is across the road to rent boats and stuff.

rvnutts
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we are coming up from the south and these are the roads we always use. You can use them to to avoid that steep section of road, and yes it's steep! As the other poster said , nust drive straight through Branson, but I stead of taking the Hollister exit (does it have a round abut?), take the next exit down to the right, I believe it's 265/ 165. Follow till you co.e to a 3 way stop and take a left. It will take you past Tablerock state park, Branson Belle and right past Stagecoach. We do this road all the ti.e with our fifth wheel. Look at it on Google maps.Enjoy Branson! We live Haygoods and Presleys!
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
You will not have any large grades to go down. When you enter the Branson area you will be getting off HWY 65 at the Hollister exit. I believe the signs will also read bus65. Collage of the Ozarks. You are going to want to take a right and then get in the left lane for a left turn at the light (on to 165) Stay in the left lane. Your GPS should do OK there, look at Google maps to kinda get an idea of where you are going.

Welcome to Branson and have a great time, we have a lot of good shows going on with lots to do.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Airdaile wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Airdaile wrote:
I drove the loop road there around Table Rock dam. I don't remember any steep grades.

Check the video link above. And check google maps street view of 376 at 265 intersection. Definitely a 19% grade sign there on 376 heading back toward town.

The OP Isn't going anywhere near that. US65 south to 165 to 265.

Correct. Just as I said on page 1. ๐Ÿ™‚

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Airdaile wrote:
I drove the loop road there around Table Rock dam. I don't remember any steep grades.

Check the video link above. And check google maps street view of 376 at 265 intersection. Definitely a 19% grade sign there on 376 heading back toward town.

The OP Isn't going anywhere near that. US65 south to 165 to 265.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Airdaile wrote:

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
stagecoach

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Must be on the highroad up by Silver Dollar City. If you're going to Branson proper, just stay on US65 to Main St./route 76. Where are you staying in Branson?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of a 19% grade in the area. Location? I've drug my toy hauler on about every road going into Branson and never had any concerns with grades.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Are you going to Table Rock? I believe there are some hills on 265/165, but been a few years since we were there. But you will not be on the steep 376. I will let someone else chime in on about 265 and 165.

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
my GPS has me going 65 south down to state hwy 265 for 3 miles then to 165 for a couple miles. from what you said the 19% grade will not effect my travel route?