cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Warning to Canadians

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Pot will be legal federally in Canada within a month. This is not the case in the US where legalization is on a state basis. Borders are a federal jurisdiction. You can be banned for life from entering the US if you admit to any connection to the now legal pot business in Canada.

45 REPLIES 45

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The way I see it is the X generation Millennials, whatever you want to call them think it normal for business and individuals to try and get away with all and whatever they can while government police and the justice system is The Hall Monitor, to temper excesses.

Individual integrity is lost, was never there or is stupid. Self control means limiting oneself unnecessarily the only constraint is Don't Get Caught.

Idiots, whose job it is - is to appear before a camera and pretend their best to not act like their real selves are cultural and ethical monuments. And failed lawyers do their best to confuse reality and rack up billing hours.

California is convinced it needs no guidelines as to how much THC is in the bloodstream when a driver is involved in a fatal accident. Let the insurance company, failed lawyers, and the justice system figure it all out.

Common sense is passe. Inhale deep, and hold it. Feel better? Now go to the polling place and remember the political party who did all this for you. Ooooooo you forgot where you parked. Dummy! Should have purchased one of those remotes that honk the horn and flash the lights when the remote is pressed.

Thank you I'll pass. It takes wits to survive south of the border and pray tell a majority of Mexicans sneer at potheads and drugees.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
I note that its been said that at Canadian border points. they treat pot the same way as American border crossings. Not so. If you are a smoker of pot at a border manned by Canadians,it does not reflect on you negatively if you do It is only a problem for the next three weeks, as it has been in the past, if you have a supply of pot WITH YOU. What you do in your spare time, or in the bedrooms while in Canada, is not the concern of the Canadian government. Please visit Canada. It has been done in the past, as a Canadian at the US border, that a single roach (butt) found in a car has been a reason to confiscate that vehicle, no matter what the story the owner can offer.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay how are you going to get security, infrastructure and basic services without government? That is the function of government. That is why we have it.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I don't believe in patriotism. I don't believe in big government here or there. I want three things:

Security
Infrastructure
Basic Services

I'll take care of the rest of my needs. Bureaucracy leads to excessive control. In Mexico, we are headed down that path.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Inclusive yes, Thank you. But, to be patriotic means you gotta get at least a little political. OTOH if you get a little bit political you end up getting a lot political. Nobody's going to come save us, we gotta do it ourselves.
Here's the problem, sometimes I scare myself by wondering what if the shoe was on the other foot? What if I myself was a billionaire?
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Having had more than a few happy hours spoiled - (sitting on a Mexican beach, drinks in hand awaiting the green flash at sunset) - by a Canadian fulminating about the US dollar vs the Canadian dollar - or US healthcare - President Clinton -slavery and abortion - I knew exactly where this thread was going when it was first posted. Just like the Mexican beach happy hours it is best to keep National Pride to one's self.
I do not emblazon my RV or my body with maple leafs or stars and stripes and would not dream of doing so in another country. Back in the 90's when we first started RVing in Mexico there were a lot more United States RVers than there are now. Is there any correlation between my Happy Hour encounters with xenophobic outspoken Canadians and the decline of RV's from the United States?
This forum has lost a good many knowledgeable people over the years and there are few other forums centered on Mexico autonomous travel. Although I have temporarily parked the RV and now travel by motorcycle in Mexico I still value the information available here.
Comments about renouncing citizenship, likewise (and these folks never actually do carry out their threat - although I wish they would! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) have no place in this forum.
Let's try being a little less political and a little more inclusive, eh?

Talleyho69
Safely stated, thank you.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I've lived here for over thirty years. No matter what I say it would be considered political. Best to keep my mouth shut.

Looking from the outside in, your view of life in the U.S. becomes very different. You start to understand why people of other nations feel and think the way they do. (Now that wasn't too political, was it?)
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
My brother has spent years of his life traveling everywhere. He used to be married to a Canadian. They put Canadian flags on their luggage and were hassled a lot less.

Talleyho69
It's not easy to renounce US citizenship:

It's a lengthy legal process that involves paperwork, interviews and money. Because of the increase in the number of U.S. citizens seeking renunciation, the U.S. Department of State raised the fee for renunciation from $450 to $2,350, more than 20 times the average cost in other high-income countries.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
2112 wrote:
When I travel abroad... I leave the tennis shoes and baseball caps home.
and the flags.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
Talleyho69 wrote:
I'm almost embarrassed to be a US citizen even though we live in Mexico. SO SAD!!!!!

Why is that?

Its fairly easy to drop in a US embassy and renounce your citizenship if embarrassed.

It would never happen, Ralph. Look at how many people promised to leave a couple of years ago but are still here.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
jfkmk wrote:
Talleyho69 wrote:
I'm almost embarrassed to be a US citizen even though we live in Mexico. SO SAD!!!!!

Why is that?

Its fairly easy to drop in a US embassy and renounce your citizenship if embarrassed.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:

Why is that?