cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone been to Bar Harbor (MD) lately?

maryg03
Explorer
Explorer
Just booked a few days at Bar Harbor RV Park near Abingdon, MD. Any body been there lately? Have been looking for a campground near sister in law in Balto Co. for a while, this one supposedly about 20 minutes from her house. If you've camped there, what did you think? I'm usually not nervous about "breaking in" a new park, but for some reason I have a *feeling* about this place, maybe something I've heard in the past. Anything we should be aware of that's not mentioned on the website? Thanks as always, Mary
[COLOR=]Can't I retire now please??
10 REPLIES 10

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
We were there a couple of years ago when it flooded, not fun.

buskirk
Explorer
Explorer
Just an fyi. The campground has a tendancy to flood when it rains heavily, high tide. The campground is on the Bush river.
Joe Buskirk
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 3500HD SWD Duramax Diesel
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"

maryg03
Explorer
Explorer
No water sites available unfortunately, but we'll make the best. I expect we really won't spend much time at the CG anyway, will be visiting family. Thanks everybody!

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
maryg03 wrote:
D & M wrote:
Where does she live? If' she's north of Balto, you are kind of locked in. Dirt is pretty expensive around here, so there aren't many options.

She's in Rosedale, which is NE of the city. Google Maps says about 18 minutes to her house, straight down Pulaski Hwy, does that sound about right?

Wonder how bad the skeeters/deer flies/no-see-ums etc. are at the CG?

Ya, 20 sounds about right. Get a site on the water if you can. I Don't think the bugs will be a problem.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Esacnj
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed there several years ago and it was suggested to me to request a site on the water which I did and it was a good suggestion. The sites on the water are much nicer.
Esacnj

maryg03
Explorer
Explorer
D & M wrote:
Where does she live? If' she's north of Balto, you are kind of locked in. Dirt is pretty expensive around here, so there aren't many options.

She's in Rosedale, which is NE of the city. Google Maps says about 18 minutes to her house, straight down Pulaski Hwy, does that sound about right?

Wonder how bad the skeeters/deer flies/no-see-ums etc. are at the CG?

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
It's okay. Not a destination place by any means, but its a place to stay while you visit Sis. Where does she live? If' she's north of Balto, you are kind of locked in. Dirt is pretty expensive around here, so there aren't many options.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Mary, it will serve your purposes just fine. We stayed there for the same reason as you. There aren't a lot of options in that area.

maryg03
Explorer
Explorer
Shot-N-Az wrote:
It's just okay in my book. If you haven't already, check out the reviews it gets in rvparkreviews.com.

I did, and like you, they were lukewarm. But there are NO other campgrounds in that part of MD, but my SIL's house sits on a hill and we couldn't get our rig even close to level last year. Plus we kept blowing her houes fuses!

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there a couple of seasons ago for a weekend. It's not on my list of places to return to. It has pros and cons, but for us, the cons outweigh the pros. I can neither recommend it nor discourage anyone else from trying it out. It's just okay in my book. If you haven't already, check out the reviews it gets in rvparkreviews.com.