Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Looking for a place

Looking for a campground in the Great Smokey Mountains for me and the wife on our anniversary. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wilusa by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Rechargeable Spot Light

Any recommendations? Looking for a strong spot light we can use when boon docking just to spot deer and other critters around the camp site. When I was a kid we used to go out late at night spotting deer and I loved it. Back then everything was ra...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Florida Sun in Seattle

Hi fellow rv,ers - I'm hoping someone will be able to help with our dilemma. We moved from the Nature Coast in Florida to a rural area just outside of Seattle to be near our family and we now live on a farm which is wonderful most of the year. The w...

Lynn608 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Thousand Trails Membership

We received a membership with a new trailer purchase and are considering another year. I am considering the purchase of an existing membership. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, Jeff

jffnkrn by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Boulder, County Fairgrounds Open Yet?

We went through early in September and it was closed for refurbishing. Does anyone know if it’s open yet? Our grandson goes to school there and it’s always been a good place to stay. Thanks

New NPS campground planning doc. Comments called for.

(I posted this on a couple for different forums for max visibility)NPS is about to adopt a new campground design document. They are asking for comments by campers. It is 150 pages long but is written in plain english for the most part and you can ski...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone vs Custer State Park

We have always wanted to visit Custer State Park. We made the mistake of going to Yellowstone first. We must have seen 300 buffalo, although we didn’t count them, as well as other critters. Then we went to Custer State Park. We saw three buffalo and ...

CO 14/Poudre Canyon Closure-Cameron Peak Update 10.18.20

Another highway closure due to a fire that has exploded in size. CO 14 through Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins is now closed due to the Cameron Peak fire in the area of Chambers Lake. Closure is at Rustic on the east side and in Walden on the we...

Thom02099 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter in Vancouver Island

So I just read in my local paper that just about every RV park on Vancouver Island is booked solid right through the winter until April. This is Canadians from colder parts of Canada who normally go south for the winter but can't because of the borde...

How many Canadian Snowbirds are there?

They wife and I were talking about the Canadian snowbirds situation today and how it will affect AZ, RGV and FL. Is there any accurate information about the number of Canadians that come south for the winter? I know from our personal experience that ...

Medicare Advantage Plans

My wife and I have had original Medicare Parts A&B with a separate Supplemental and Prescription Drug plans for several years now. I was looking at Advantage plans and wondered if traveling from our stick home in Texas to our summer RV site in Maine ...

ljhl by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Fancy Gap VA KOA next weekend

We haven't been with a TT in probably 8 years as we sold ours back then and bought another one this spring. Can't wait! Kind of sad the previous owners sold it a few years ago, but the new ones seem to be doing a great job. One of our top 5 favori...

Stclairm by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes