Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need a campground in Houston, TX...

I will preface this with YES I HAVE looked at RV Park Reviews already. However, I know ZERO about Houston, and would like the opinion of someone local or who has been there...We are needing a SAFE full-hookup CG fairly close to the Texas Medical Cent...

resmas by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Carowinds , Charlotte

We are staying at Carowinds in 2 weeks for a couple of days and trying to see actual pictures of the campground and the sites. Does anybody here have any places that I could see some good , recent photos?? THX...Joe

Advice on where to stay in Portland area

Hey all,Wife, 19 month old, myself and 26 ft fiver headed to the Portland Or area next week. We will be attending the Northwest String Summit in Hornings Hideout in North Plains but then spend a few days in Portland. We have an RV pass at Hornings ...

Custer State Park

We're headed for Glacier NP the end of August, and thought we might like to stop at Custer for a couple of days. We've never been there before, so I'd like to know which is your favorite campground, and why. It's just the two of us and we enjoy hik...

Campgrounds in Nova Scotia

We are taking a trip to N.S. this summer and are planning to stay at the KOA in Upper Sackville and the Baddeck Cabot Trail CG in Cape Breton Island. We will traveling in a Class C with no toad. Any comments???

Mount Jackson Va

I hope this is placed in the right forum.We are planning a trip to Mt Jackson/Shenandoah Valley, and are looking for budget friendly ideas. We plan on going to the Civil War Museum/Farmand a cavern--not sure which on. :hWe were going to do Skyline Dr...

Adirondack Camping Trip

Hubby and I will be spending a few days in the Adirondacks. We're making reservations at Ledgeview RV Park in Lake George, NY, for shopping and sightseeing in that area. Has anyone visited Natural Stone Bridge and Caves in Pottersville, NY? Is it ...

PA/NJ/DE/MD CGs with sites right on a lake or shoreline

I always wanted to get a site right on the water. The closest I came was at Spruce Run State Park in NJ, where the site was fairly close to the shoreline of a reservoir. I'm not talking about a site along a small stream or tiny pond, I mean a full ...

Doug33 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Good Camping Spots in Texas

I'm thinking of taking off a week and taking the family somewhere. We live near Dallas and was wondering if anyone had some nice RV park/resorts in and around Texas they recommend for a week long trip. Would like something on the water with some ni...

HawkTX by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone been to Bar Harbor (MD) lately?

Just booked a few days at Bar Harbor RV Park near Abingdon, MD. Any body been there lately? Have been looking for a campground near sister in law in Balto Co. for a while, this one supposedly about 20 minutes from her house. If you've camped there,...

maryg03 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Twin Lakes CG, Clemson, SC

If you have camped on Lake Hartwell's Twin Lakes, how did you like it? It sounds and looks good, but I have been deceived before.Jim

kitch251 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tugaloo State Park, GA

A friend of ours just finished up their stay there and gave the park an A+. He's an avid fisherman. Apparently it's one of the lesser known of the GA SP. Here's a link if anyone is interested. About half of their sites are still available for July 4...

How far south?

We full time in our MH and our daughter-in-law will be graduating from WMU in Michigan the end of December and we will be there for the ceremony. I know it will be to snowy and cold to stay in the MH. How far south do we need to go to avoid snow when...

Shady Acres CG, near Bangor, ME

This is a Passport America CG, but I can not find much information on it. Just one review from 2003 in rvparkreviews.com. Has anyone stayed there recently? Any help will be appreciated.

junmy3 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

RV parks near Burlington, VT

Looking to spend some time in the Burlington/Shelburne area. Would like some suggestions on RV parks in the area. Shelburne Camping Area does not seem like it's worth considering based on reviews. However, Good Sam gives it a postive review.