Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Short Term RV Storage between Porland & Seattle

We will be cruising this summer out of Seattle for a week with our adult kids from Portland. We will be pulling out 28' travel trailor and would like to store it for about 9 or 10 days. We would like to store it near Portland but would look at anyth...

New Mexico Camping Taxes

Having just spent 7 weeks this winter in NM thought it was worthly of note to point out that we paid hotel taxes on the campsites in most cases. One was 15%. This was the first time we ran into this heavy tax in any state.

Wild Bills, Deadwood SD

Looking to hook up with a friend for Sturgis this August. He's booked a spot at Wild Bills in Deadwood. There aren't any reviews we can find and the website looks like a big grassy field. I know it's going to be crowded but having a rig that's 58 ft ...

St. Louis Mo camp ground

We are getting ready to go to St. Louis this June for Cardinals game and some site seeing we have a 12 year old boy. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good camp ground in that area.

wdw transportation

We are 8 in our family staying at fort wilderness campsites. To rent a big suv the cost is 349.00 a day. we would like to visit universal for 2 days. do they have taxi service for 8 in one vehicle i would think that would be a cheaper way to go. a...

didi by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Summit Lake State Park, Indiana

Anyone been to Summit Lake state park near New Castle Indiana? Wondering if the camp sites are shady? How's the fishing at the lake? We don't have a boat so we'd have to fish from the shoreline.

Mote by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Virginia State Parks and dogs

Was just looking at some Virginia State Parks since we are not too far awa from Virginia and noticed they charge you $5 per night for having a dog with you. Kind of silly for a State Park to charge it. I can see private RV parks doing it, but not a s...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Cell reception at Stone Mountain

Can anyone tell me how cell reception is at Stone Mountain campground? I don't care too much about satellite reception but it would be good to be able to get on line with my aircard. Thanks.

Trlrboy by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

campground near Washington DC?

I am looking for suggestions for a nice campground with full hook ups with 30 amp service for a 34' travel trailer close to Washington DC. We plan on visiting the city, so access to public transportation would be a bonus. Alternatively, we would co...

Length of stay limits with c2c?

If you have a home park and pay to add C2C membership, are you limited to how many affiliated campgrounds you may use or how many days a year? I know that they limit for various times of the year, but is there a maximum use? Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Monument Valey Guided Tour Suggestions?

We'll be in Monument Valley for a week over Memorial Day - staying at Gouldings. We know that to see the "good stuff" you need a Navajo guide. Any experiences or suggestions for which of the guided tour operators we should look at? We'd like to see s...

aslakson by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Ohio: AEP ReCreation Lands

Just found AEP ReCreation Lands in Ohio. Looks like one of the very few places in Ohio where you can really camp in the boondocks legally anyway. Anybody with experience in these CGs? I'm thinking of taking a day trip out there in the minivan just...

Mountaineer Campground, Townsend, TN

I would like to give this family owned and operated campground a shout-out and recommendation. My review on rvparkreviews.com will be delayed until I write more reviews. It is located just outside the GSMNP on the TN side - very close to Cades Cove....