cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black Hills attraction.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you who are going to the South Dakota Black Hills don't miss the National Wood Carvers Museum in Custer. It is certainly a "must see".
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN
4 REPLIES 4

sweetnoni
Explorer
Explorer
Grandson and I wanted to go through it last year, and we thought it was a bit pricey for a family outing. The kids liked the gift shop better than anything inside the museum. It was okay in my book, but you'd have to have a liking in the area of carving to really enjoy it.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Murphsmom wrote:
The Mammoth Site in Hot springs was far more interesting from our perspective. Not very far from Custer, either.

Combining the two into a day trip would be an interesting diversion. I also enjoyed the Mammoth Site in Hot Springs, and it's a funky little town to explore.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
The Mammoth Site in Hot springs was far more interesting from our perspective. Not very far from Custer, either.

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
It's interesting, but we were kind of underwhelmed. Maybe we're just not into wood carving all that much. But it's not expensive and won't take too long if it's not your thing.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.