cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cali beach or waterfront

RamblinManGA
Explorer
Explorer
Hi from AZ. . .Looking for suggestions for California beach or waterfront camping. She requires hook-ups & we have a 25' tt. Thanks for any ideas, Regards, Craig
Formerly 'Seahawk09'
11 REPLIES 11

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Ex-Tech wrote:
Rincon has NO hook-ups.

x2!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Rincon has NO hook-ups.

wintersun
Explorer
Explorer
Guide book by Tom Steinstra is a good place to start. Lots of places for day use by RV's and fewer with overnight options. My personal favorite is Gold Bluff beach in northern California - very wild and primative beach you get to share with a herd of elk.

North of Santa Barbara your options improve considerably and often you can have miles of beach to yourself.

RamblinManGA
Explorer
Explorer
hi from AZ. . . thanks to all for some great suggestions, regards, Craig
Formerly 'Seahawk09'

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
oh.... if you are retired military or Active/Reserve.... Pt Mugu and Port Hueneme has great camping as well... full hookups. private beach too
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
Craig...

I do alot of beach camping... most in the winter are first come first serve... but... if you can land a spot at Carpenteria State beach... great.. they have some sites with full hook ups... some with just water and power... they have dump/cleanout stations too.

The malibu area has a few... Leo Carillo... no hookups..
Thornehill- broome (maybe backwards name) no hookups.. great spots

Faria Beach... They have some that are no hookups, full, and some premium concrete pad spots... this site goes quick as it is FC FS/ but they have road parking between Hobson Beach...

Hobson Beach has full hookups...

Rincon has some FH if i remember correctly

Santa Barbara Parks has a fdew sites...

Jamala Beach! is nice... they have a varied site selection.. and now take reservations... this is near Vandenburg AFB

Pismo Coast Village is awesome... We will be there Labor Day weekend....

Morro Bay has some nice sites too. some hookup, some not

HTH
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

frankiebIII
Explorer
Explorer
Craig,
I just got in to Malibu Beach RV for a week and Pismo Coast Village (although they said I got the last spot) in mid June. Pricey but worth it! Newport Dunes was also open 2 weeks ago. Ifloom is correct as well, depending on when you want to go. Mid summer is tougher to get in. Some places are on the beach some are a few blocks away like Paradise by the sea rv park in Oceanside which was also open 2 weeks ago and very nice.
2005 Monaco Diplomat Quad Slide
Toad 2013 AWD Ford Explorer
Air force one Brake controller
Falcon All terrain tow bar

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
If you can get their early in the week, sunday or monday - Faria or Hobson beach camp grounds just north of Ventura have beach front sites with hookups.

RamblinManGA
Explorer
Explorer
Hi from Az. . . we probably would prefer south.(we're coming from PHX) I appreciate the responses & we're not in a hurry. regards, Craig
Formerly 'Seahawk09'

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
just be aware, there is huge competition for what you want and most state park coastal sites are gone in seconds, 6 months in advance.
there are very few private campgrounds with what you want and they are also gone quickly.

if you're going to be there off-season and during the week, you might get lucky.

now, if you go to NorCal(north of San Francisco), it's easier to get sites.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

sealevel_ram
Explorer
Explorer
California has a lot of coastline.
Any particular area? North or South?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green