cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Castaways RV Park in Berlin MD

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any experience camping here? Just looking for honest reviews.

Thanks
Bob
13 REPLIES 13

sato4000
Explorer
Explorer
I was a little disappointed with Castaways. I had really high expectations though because of what everyone said about it. For the most part is was pretty nice just not as nice as everyone made it sound. I wouldn't go back but I have 3 kids and there isn't as much at Castaways for little kids.

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your input! Have a great summer camping.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ringer is correct on Frontier Town and Fort Whaley. Supposedly for above $50,000,000.00. Lot of zeros huh?
Then the former owners got started on Massey's and Sunset. I keep seeing references that Massey's is on the ocean. It is not, it is on the water but it is the back bays and the trip to the "beach" is not a short drive.
We were at Kiptopeke last week, and checked out Sunset. The sites at Sunset are on top of each other, anybody with a truck and a big fiver are going to be parking the truck out on 13.

Be prepared for sticker shock at Castaways, but it is a resort town so not unexpected.
Puma 30RKSS

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
Castaways was sold a couple of years ago to Sun Resorts. The former owner has now built Masseys Landing and is also in the process of rebuilding Sunset Beach just below Cherrystone Resort on the eastern shore of VA. Additionally the former owner has bought Maddox Family CG on Chincoteague Island which is supposed to be rebuilt starting at seasons end this year.

On Edit: Sun Resorts also bought Frontier Town and Fort Whaley CG's so I am told.
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

BTERK62
Explorer
Explorer
Have stayed last 3 years there castaways was sold last year at the end of season if new owners run it the same way ,great place to stay, old owners opened new campground in millsboro so de. Not everything is ready stayed second week they opened, will be a great campground after everything up and running, help needs training on computer system great pool with swim up bar, going back in August and than to castaway

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Ringer wrote:
The new competition Masseys Landing

It's either the same owners, designers, or something like that as Castaways. Can't wait till next year to check it out.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
RVChippys wrote:
Anyone have any experience camping here? Just looking for honest reviews.

Thanks
Bob

honest reviews on Castaways ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
The new competition Masseys Landing
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from here a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic! We stayed in the semi private, gated Club castaways section that had a small private pool. Very nice , neat and clean facility with level, paved( in our area) sites, with full utilities, a tiki bar by the beach, dog beach area, ice cream palace, deli, and really wonderful people running the place!
We shall definitely be back here.
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking for new places to camp in the Delaware/Maryland beach area you could also look at Delaware Seashore State Park at the Indian River Inlet-North side. One of the best values in the area for water front sites. Love the place !!! There is also the new campground up the inlet just below Rehoboth - Masseys Landing(just opened in May of this year). Haven't seen this campground yet, but am planning on checking it out next week when we are at the Inlet for vacation.

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
We have camped there every year since it opened. We absolutely love the place. I think it truely deserves the label of resort campground. They keep making improvements every year-opened a splash park last year, poolside bar, and made some nice pullthroughs sites. The staff has always been friendly. Never had any problems. Highly recommend !

sunlinesunshine
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there a few years ago and really liked it. Wish we could stay there more often.
BLT
2004 F250 4X4
2005 SUNLINE T2753
EQUILIZER/ENVOY

Cloughfam
Explorer
Explorer
I personally have not but I have some friends that stay there quite often and really enjoy it. If IM not mistaken the current owners have only had it 10 years give or take and have put a lot into making it really nice.
2011 Jayco JayFlight 25BHS
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4X2 HEMI
Me, the wife, 2 sons...