Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio

bgradert
Explorer
Explorer
All,

The kids are bugging me about taking them to Cedar Point this summer. I have been looking into camping spots and found East Bay SP, Sandusky KOA and Lighthouse Point. Lighthouse Point looks nice but it is over 100.00 per night. KOA and East Bay both look nice as well. Do you have any suggestions on where to stay? We will be at the amusement park one day and plan exploring the area the other two day were there. Thanks!
2015 F150 EcoBoost
2015 Jayco 28DSBH
Mooresville, Indiana
16 REPLIES 16

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago we stayed at Crystal Rock Campground. I think the name was different then, but same location. Worth checking out. You'll have to drive in, but you'll have a quiet campground.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Based on my experience at Knoebels, camping on-site at the amusement park has some benefits that may not be immediately obvious. Cooking your own food for lunch and dinner (and not paying park prices for food) can save a decent bit of money, partly offsetting the pricy campground rates. Besides that, having a home base available to change, to take a siesta, to leave the camera in rather than carrying it around all the time, etc. is very convenient, as is not having to worry about battling traffic when leaving at night. You can also factor in not having to pay for parking if you'd be driving from another campground to the park.

On the other hand, $100+ per night is indeed spendy; there's no way around that. I myself would probably be tempted to stay at Lightouse Point for two nights (around the day at the park) and move to another campground for the third most likely.