cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cracker Barrel

mike24
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one rested over night at a cracker barrel. if so did you have any problems. Did the management give you permission.
27 REPLIES 27

retired2006
Explorer
Explorer
Use overnight accommodations at CB always on trip to & from FL in winter,spring. We call ahead to see if any restrictions but have never been turned away. It's nice to have dinner & breakfast there! Also CB publishes map showing directory,phone numbers.

minn_camping_fa
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago we were scheduled to pass by the Cracker Barrel on I-29 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The manager told us "no" when we asked about staying about half a night in their lot (had planned to arrive after midnight and up early for breakfast in the morning). So, not all CB's allow it. I'd recommend asking before planning on it.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cracker Barrel is all about your food choices. You want greasy, you get greasy ๐Ÿ™‚ there are many great options on their menu. ya just have to pick them.

I haven't stayed in one but plan to in the future. We have alot of CBs around my location so I know they are out there. breakfast with CB in the morning before hauling out would be VERY nice.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
I don't see what all the fuss is? I don't like the food. Pretty bland and overpriced for what it is!

It's not the best but when in an unknown area I know what to expect. I have randomly found much worse.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't see what all the fuss is? I don't like the food. Pretty bland and overpriced for what it is!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

agb2529
Explorer
Explorer
We do Wally World for overnights with our hybrid. Stay hitched but flip out the back bed, try to park so it's hanging over the grass. Usually drop the stabilizers but make sure we put 4x4's or lego levelers under them so we don't trash the asphalt. Always phone first to make sure there aren't any local ordinances against staying, that's usually the issue, not the store.
The Long Grove Happy Campers -
Alex & Sandi
2003 Suburban K2500 6.0 L 3.73
2003 Dutchman 19T Sport

sele
Explorer
Explorer
my son cooks at one he says there is almost always some type of rig there overnight
scott

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I do put down front landing gear and open just the bedroom slide as very hard to get into bed with slide in. I park so bedroom slide is on parking island or other area so not hanging into the lot or aisle. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:
Doug33 wrote:
When staying for the night, do you bother putting down stabilizer jacks? Ever have any issues with leveling?

No jacks own, no slides out; just park.

I can be picky about getting my TT stabilized, so when I go in the TT when it isn't stabilized, it feels like I'm walking around on a trampoline. I wonder if I could handle not stabilizing for the night. In late September we are planning on a trip to FL whe we'd be staying over 1-2 nights each way. I don't plan on unhooking for the night, but I might throw down the stabilizers just so I don't feel like I'm in a moon bounce. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Doug33 wrote:
When staying for the night, do you bother putting down stabilizer jacks? Ever have any issues with leveling?

No jacks own, no slides out; just park.

wildwest450
Explorer
Explorer
I'd much rather stay in the parking lot than eat there, overrated grease trap.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Were it not for Wally's, Cabela's and Cracker Barrel, I don't know where we would Over night.
Wally's is good if you need anything (provisioning is easy there).
Cracker Barrel has RV parking areas and good breakfasts.
Cabela's usually have dumps.

As we travel not camp, we really don't need or want campgrounds. We also stop at truckstops and some highway rest areas, but they tend to be noisy (and the food isn't very good).

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed many nights in Cracker Barrels, I usually arrive in time for supper, ask manager if it is OK, then 90% of the time we usually do breakfast then drive on down the road. Never had any problems.
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.