cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Defeated Creek COE or Falls Creek Falls Campground

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
While investigating Tennessee I found Defeated Creek COE which has full hookups. This would be half the cost of Falls Creek using my Senior Pass. Which one would be the best to go to to see the leaves changing in October?
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox
9 REPLIES 9

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
DC fills up fast, its very popular.
I a sure there are some spots at FCF that will get a sat signal, but I've never looked for that particular things so I'm no help there. We prefer the B loop as most of the sites are full hookup.

Here is about the best overhead shot you can get of the campground. The part highlighted is a part of the B loop where you might be able to get a sat signal

Edit: sorry for large picture, forgot to set the width.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
Have stayed at both, FCF hand's down. Especially if you are looking for fall colors. We like the sites in loop E, but you won't get a satellite signal there. For satellite, look at the FHU sites in loop A or D, and you still might have to be very creative in placing your dish in some of the sites!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
I waited too long and could not get any spots at Defeated Creek. I have been trying to look at full hookup sites at Fall Creek that I could get my satellite to work. But I have been unable to get good satellite pictures of the sites.

Where exactly are the sites at?
2016 Chevy Equinox

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
For fall colors, FCF is going to be the best bet, and there are more things to do there. I do love DC as well, just a different experience.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at Defeated Creek yesterday and there was a few vacancies. I may have to move once to get the amount of days I want.
2016 Chevy Equinox

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
If you haven't already made reservations for either park you are probably too late. Will probably have to look for cancellations. Defeated is a very popular park due to the full hook up sites and usually are booked up months in advance.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
FCF for colors hands down also consider Cloudland Canyon State Park in North GA on Lookout Mtn. Super colors
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
You could use Defeated Creek as a base camp and visit FCF as a day trip.

I am not for sure but LATE Oct for the fall colors in TN.

You may want to check out Dale Hollow Lake for COE camping (I have never camped there -- it is somewhat out of the way). Dale Hollow Lake is more in the mountains than Defeated Creek.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Cost aside, I highly recommend Fall Creek Falls State Park.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog