cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ft. Wilderness Disneyworld alternative in Mid November

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
We have a week booked at Ft. Wilderness in mid November, however we will be arriving 1 day early, and need to find a spot. So looking at my options. Sadly there is no availability at Ft. Wilderness.

We've also considered overnighting locally at walmart or similar, or possibly the parking lot at Ft. Wilderness, but I'm not sure the Mouse would dig that. At least in November, the overnight temps should be nice for parking lot boondocking.

Obligatory statement about no slides, campfire, generator, etc. in the walmart parking lot.

Suggestions, ideas?
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK
17 REPLIES 17

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
You guys were correct. We were finally able to add the extra day. Unfortunately it was a preferred site, so we will likely have to relocate from our first spot, but that is ok with me.

Thanks everyone for the alternative suggestions, they will help other members of the family who are joining us.

Kentucky__Jo
Explorer
Explorer
I guess we have had better luck than most. We have stayed at Tropical Palms at least 10 times and never had an issue with anything. Easy in, easy out and good prices. Never had trouble with mud, but if you are worried about mud, be sure to get a paved site. 5 minutes from Disney. I agree though, that if you keep calling, you probably will get that extra day.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
YC 1 wrote:
its Florida so expect rain.

The OP said Novemeber which is the dry season. It's usually as dry as a bone around Orlando in Nov unless a front drops far enough south but those are infrequent and result in a few showers for a day, or a late season tropical system blows in. It's nothing like the daily deluges from Spring to October.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
I thought I posted this earlier but can't find it. There is a KOA in Davenport, FL also Clerbrook RV Resort in Clermont.

The KOA in Davenport is just south of I-4 On Rt 27 on the right hand side..not bad place..it would be 15 minutes from the Mouse...
Also have nice KOA on 192,just past Camping World and right across the street from Sam's Club.....C
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I posted this earlier but can't find it. There is a KOA in Davenport, FL also Clerbrook RV Resort in Clermont.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
There's plenty of time. Just keep calling Disney everyday. You should be able to get the extra day you need.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice and warnings. I'll be looking into all these ideas/locations.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I'm not a fan of Tropical Palms either. Skinny spots, muddy if raining. Oh yeah, its Florida so expect rain. Lake Magic is clean and dry and decent size slots. We will probably be full time there at the end of the year.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Salty_in_FL
Explorer
Explorer
I just pulled up stabilizers at Tropical Palms and it will be the last time I will stay there. Granted, I was in the standard site area, but I feel like I was willingly robbed! It is a mud hole back there! Pray you get to check in a day early at FT. W!

I have already stayed at Tropical Palms.. Its less than 5 miles form the main gates of Disney off 192
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Ditto on Lake Magic:

Also check Florida Camp Inn. It is not fancy but close and easy in and out.

Lake Magic is a bit closer. Just a couple of miles though.

I don't think they will allow you to stay in the Ft. Wilderness lot.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Try Lake Louisa SP in Clermont. Only about 20 mins from Ft Wilderness
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of FL State Parks in that area.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
We usually stay at Lake Magic, 192 just before 27 in Clermont, for our first night. Then get to the Fort early and have a better chance of getting the site we want. It's better to arrive at the Fort early rather then around 4:00 PM as we would on a travel day.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew