cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grayton Beach SP access to beach?

petestulipbug
Explorer
Explorer
Hi can you tell me how far the beach access is from the campsites at Grayton Beach? We are booked for Memorial Day Weekend in site 23, we have never stayed there but have stayed at Topsail several times.

Thanks, Angela
10 REPLIES 10

petestulipbug
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for your feedback!

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Not a bad walk as others have said, maybe 10 minutes.

Nice kayaking there, I like that some of the campsites in the old section of the park have access to water in the back of the site. The only problem with that area is it floods in heavy rain, no paved roads like the new section.

Beach is beautiful. Not too many hiking/walking trails in park. Looong biking path right outside park.

No inexpensive places to eat nearby, places in nearby town are for the ultra rich, even the downtown food trucks where out of our price range actually kinda funny.

Your in the older section (site 23) which is nice in the summer because of the shade, no direct water access though, trails to water(not beach) are nearby.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
It's about a 1/4 mile from campground to the beach. Very nice place and unless they have changed it I don't believe there is a tram there you either have to drive, walk or ride a bike to the beach. The park it self is very nice and quiet very relaxing place. We will be there the first of September

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
It is a short walk to the beach. Approximately 10 minutes. Walking is a good thing!

sltrawick
Explorer
Explorer
It's a long walk. We ride our bikes with a kid cart attached to our bikes to carry our beach stuff down. They also have a tram that runs every hour on the hour.
Sharon-ME
Cameron-DH
Bella-14 - Dachshund/Chihuahua Mix-Chiweenie) Crossed the Rainbow bridge July 1, 2021
Rocko - 4 months - Mini Dachshund
Panama City, FL
FSU SEMINOLES

2013 Class C Fleetwood Jamboree

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Been there. It's a nice walk, not long, or a very short bike ride. We love it and the beach is fabulous. Chuck

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the scale on the online map was accurate and I was reading it correctly, it looked like roughly a quarter mile to the beach straight at the end of the little bridge. I personally wouldn't consider that a particularly long walk, taking only five or ten minutes. It probably would seem somewhat longer with cheap flip-flops.

Naturally, different people have wildly different ideas about what is a long walk and what is not.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a long way to me...

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Too far to walk IMO. Bike ride wouldn't be bad, car or golf cart ride better
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Easy. Look at it on GOOGLE EARTH. Campground is very easy to see.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.