cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help planning trip to include Delaware

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
This is a little off the wall, but the dw and I are trying to get into each of the 50 states before our time here on earth is over. One of the few we have not been in is Delaware. We live in northern Ohio and plan to visit some friends in central CT this fall. I've been looking at the map trying to find a decent way to incorporate DE into the route. We don't want to just make the drive to make the drive, but would like to find some things to do or see along the way. I am hoping some of you with experience in the area will have some suggestions. We don't necessarily need to camp in the state (we did not in Hawaii), but just driving in is sufficient.
TIA
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?
17 REPLIES 17

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Brings back memories, when we lived in Port Deposit Maryland we would go to Delaware to shop.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a pretty place to stop. It is just north of Delaware in PA

Longwood Gardens

Along the way from Ohio, you could stop at the Horseshoe Curve near Altoona, PA. Or Gettysburg, PA. Or The National Watch and Clock Museum

WNYBob

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
K and I,

I know this won't be much help, but if you are driving I-95 north, you will go through Delaware. Don't blink.
As a mariner, I have been in an out of Delaware Bay, and I actually don't remember anything notable there. Except Cape Henlopen, that was the southern extent of my pilots license.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.