cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How long to visit Redwoods NP

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Redwoods NP and would how long to visit this NP. We just left Sequoia/Kings Canyon and it could hold our interest for 2 days.
10 REPLIES 10

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
PM sent. Klamath CA is a good base camp to explore for several days.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We spent a week based in Eureka in April visiting various places from Humboldt Redwoods up to Smith River. But we are not drive-by tourists.

One thing about the redwoods is the various groves are spread out quite a bit. Even the afternoon walking through the city park and small zoo in Eureka was enjoyable because we didn't have to rush. Unlike Kings Canyon/Sequoia - there are a lot more trees to see, big groves and several quaint little towns like Ferndale.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer we spent 4 days in Crescent City, 4 in Trinidad and 3 at Ancient Redwoods RV park and never lacked for things to do. We enjoyed hiking in the Redwoods much more than Sequoia/KC and cut our time down there to 4 days. Lot's of beautiful ocean spots to explore too.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I love the tall Redwoods. One of my favoriate places was the Lady Bird Johnson Grove Trail
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
depending on the size of your rig, Prairie Creek SP is a favorite of ours.
Roosevelt Elk walk through your campground and the Fern Canyon is a short drive away, off the beach west of the campground. you'll also see bachelor elk strolling in the ocean surf and laying on the beach there.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Redwoodcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the area. You can spend a few days on hiking redwood trails and also visiting the Beaches here in crescent City. Down near Klamath ca there is trees of mystery. That is kind of fun. In crescent City there is ocean world. Personally I love the Smith river and the redwoods. I've lived here 30 yrs and don't get tired of it.
2011 ram 3500. Cummins 68rfe. EFI live. 276k miles and climbing.
2017 keystone bullet 204

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ancient Redwoods RV park is a nice place to base yourself for the Avenue of the Giants area as sdaniel says.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
I would stay 2 nights in each location. That would give you a whole day in each area. You will want to take your time and get out and experience the redwoods.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.nps.gov/redw/planyourvisit/drives.htm Look for Howland Hills Road scenic drive. The drive to the overlook is off hwy 101 on Enders Beach Road south of Crescent City. You can find it on Google Maps.
Lonny & Diane
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Crescent City at the KOA and took the Howland Hills drive through the redwoods. It was awesome. There is also a drive to overlook the ocean outside of town. I'll see if I can find the name of the road. I'll post the link separately. We then moved to Ancient Redwoods RV Park in Redcrest which is on Avenue of the Giants and when you exit the RV park you are in the redwoods. Nice little park with great managers.
Lonny & Diane
Semper Fi