cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 7 Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee

cwalder
Explorer
Explorer
We are newbies. This will be our first long trip with TT. Starting in Texas. Any tips on Hwy 7 through Arkansas to White river, then into Missouri, over to Kentucky and Tennessee. We want to fish and see the mountains. Favorite CG, attractions? Places to avoid pulling TT? We have a 26ft cruise lite by Salem. 2013 Ram1500 5.7 Hemi. Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

cwalder
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your suggestions. We went to Mt Magazine and what little we could see was beautiful. It was so foggy couldnt see too much. We decided to not go to Nebo for this reason. We pulled out from there and headed to Whites Buffalo Resort. They are located on the White River close to where the White and Buffalo Rivers meet. If you have never been there it's worth the trip. Beautiful and great trout fishing. RV sites are along the river bank.

We are now parked at Reelfoot State Park in Tennessee. We were planning on leaving today but hubby took sick last night so we are stuck here till he can drive. Sounds like I need to learn how to pull this trailer.

We are undecided where to go from here. Thoughts were up to Kentucky, back down to Tennessee, Alabama then Florida. Any tips for these areas?

Thanks!

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
welove2drive wrote:
W We took Rt 19 between Eminence, MO and AR and it was crazy hilly and curvy much like a roller coaster. Not fun with a TT. It was marked on the map with the green dots meaning scenic). We took Rt. 63 on the way home and it was nice. There are 3 trout parks in MO. All State Parks. Montauk, Roaring Rivers and Bennett Springs.

While 19 is a beautiful drive, only the passengers can pay any attention and the it made my wife car sick, lol. Also, word of warning, if you travel rural, make sure you keep your fuel tank full. My low fuel light came on 22 miles from the next supposed gas station. Not good when your averaging 8 mpg. We rolled into Eminence on fumes and sludge. I now carry a spare 5 gallon can.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Cotter, Arkansas, on the White River. It waas a new park when we stopped, in our fifth wheel, in 05, I think. Small store next to it and they have a guide available.
No way to wade it. It looks inches deep but is over your head and gin clear.
We caught several very nice Rainbow trout just right for the pan.
I caught a 9lb 14oz beautiful rainbow while drifting. it may be mounted, in the store. the sites were back in for a towable but pull in for a MH on the River. Most sites are off the river of course. They were just gravel sites then but in very good condition. The road is a bit tight. i don't remember the hwy number.
I don't think it is hwy 7. It is on the way from Tn to Springfield Mo. the road, to the Campground is just before the bridge over the river going west.

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
What area are you going through in MO? Alley Spring campground (N.P.) is nice. It is along the Jacks Fork River. Nice river to float. We took Rt 19 between Eminence, MO and AR and it was crazy hilly and curvy much like a roller coaster. Not fun with a TT. It was marked on the map with the green dots meaning scenic). We took Rt. 63 on the way home and it was nice. There are 3 trout parks in MO. All State Parks. Montauk, Roaring Rivers and Bennett Springs.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Blanchard Springs Caverns near Mountain View, Arkansas. This is near the Buffalo National Rive.
The campground here is very pretty with Sylamore creek runs along it. They don't have hookups though. The caves tours are awesome.

Pigkisser
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check out Petit Jean and Mt. Magazine in Arkansas. These are beautiful state parks. Both require driving up a grade, but it should not be a problem for your set up.
2007 Jayco Seneca 33SS
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door 4X4 toad
Ready Brute/Ready Brake tow bar/brake combination
Yeti Ice Chest

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
cwalder, The Bull Shoals River SP, AR is a really nice place to camp if you are going through that area. They have some FHU sites. We like to camp along the river. Trout fishing. Buffalo Point National Park near Harrison, AR (on Rt. 7) along the beautiful Buffalo River is a nice park. Some of the sites are small so watch the sizes. We camped at Lake Dardanelle SP in Russellville, AR, very nice park, some FHU. We used it as a base and drove to Petit Jean, Mt. Nemo (don't pull a TT up there!)and beautiful Mt. Magazine (don't miss!)Small campground here but no views.
Marcia
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB