cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-77 WV

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
I will be coming up from NC on I-77 into WV heading to New River Gorge. I am seeing there are tolls on I-77 in WV. I looked at the website and found it confusing. They do not accept cards for toll payment. I will be pulling a TT so will have a total of 4 axels. Trying to get a handle on what the tolls will be so I can be ready.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
20 REPLIES 20

Its all good. I-95 in lower SC is awful but I still think I-10 in LA is the worst in the country. WV does pretty good considering the weather and terrain they have to deal with. Lots to see up there. I went up 19 from 77 to 79 a couple of years ago and didn't see anything wrong with 19. I have also made a few trips to SC in the last few years. Got to keep moving, getting old.

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
ferndaleflyer wrote:
but I-77 won't take you near where US-19 takes you, never mind tolls. People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks, you been on I-95 in SC lately??? LOL

At some point, yeah, I had to get on 19.

I live in SC so I am well aware of I-95 and avoid the section between I-26 and the GA state line.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

but I-77 won't take you near where US-19 takes you, never mind tolls. People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks, you been on I-95 in SC lately??? LOL

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
Busdriver wrote:
I 77 is a well maintained road in West Virginia, I will gladly pay the toll and drive on a smooth road, rather than save a few dollars and drive on roads with no maintenance that beat you and your equipment to death

It was worth the toll. HWY 19 is in bad shape in a lot of areas.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
I 77 is a well maintained road in West Virginia, I will gladly pay the toll and drive on a smooth road, rather than save a few dollars and drive on roads with no maintenance that beat you and your equipment to death

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

As I and someone else posted above I have one pass and move it from vehicle to vehicle.. Those posts are earlier in this thread.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have two NY issued E-ZPasses for my motorhome. One is configured with a vehicle class for four axles for when we have our toad with us, and the other for two axles. Both are included in the NY Thruway's "Motorhome Plan" where we get charged standard passenger per axle rates instead of the higher large vehicle rates trucks and buses pay. The transponder classes tell other E-ZPass states how many axles we have, but we don't get any extra discounts of course. I assume the other states also have their own axle count detection systems as well.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
Go online and get an I-pass from Illinois, EZ to move to other vehicles, I've been using I-pass for 10+ years with no problems.
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Oklahoma is ridiculous for 5 axles and they don't care what the 5 axles are under. I bitched at the toll taker (which of course did no good) and told her that I could disconnect my pickup from my tag axle MH (not current RV) before driving thru the toll booth, and pay for 3 axles and 2 axles and save quite a bit of money.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

If you would have got off at Beckley, RT 19, you would have only paid 1 toll in and one out. Glad you had a good trip

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
OP here. Finished this trip yesterday. Paid cash going thru toll booths and got thru very quickly. Two tolls going in and two coming back home for a total of $14. Would not have been worth dealing with EZ-Pass for this trip.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Really? I have used the EZ pass since it was offered and contrary to what you suggest they count the axles at MOST toll counters. I have used my PU with a 3 axle trailer, 2 axle trailer, DP with each of those trailers, and also carried the Smart car on our dolly.....all with the same transponder which I move from vehicle to vehicle. That pass has, I think, 7 vehicles registered to it. I always go through the EZ pass lanes and has never been a problem. Same with the overhead readers, don't know how they do it nor do I care but it has always worked.

Last time I came out of MD into VA on 301 it was $18.00 for 4 axles and $36.00 for 5 axles. Posted right there for all to see.

That's how my pass works too. I move it from car(s) to truck(s)to DP to motorcycle. Sometimes I have a trailer behind my trucks , one single axle, one tandem, always pull a pickup behind the DP. Never had any issues with them counting axles... they always seem to bill correctly. Just went thru NY, MA, ME and all 3 states billed correctly.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Really? I have used the EZ pass since it was offered and contrary to what you suggest they count the axles at MOST toll counters. I have used my PU with a 3 axle trailer, 2 axle trailer, DP with each of those trailers, and also carried the Smart car on our dolly.....all with the same transponder which I move from vehicle to vehicle. That pass has, I think, 7 vehicles registered to it. I always go through the EZ pass lanes and has never been a problem. Same with the overhead readers, don't know how they do it nor do I care but it has always worked.

Last time I came out of MD into VA on 301 it was $18.00 for 4 axles and $36.00 for 5 axles. Posted right there for all to see.

Good info. From the website I am not seeing that capability. My impression was it went with what I selected.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf