cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kid friendly park with lots to do near Dallas, TX

losingit
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be taking a family trip to Dallas in April 2016, driving from Louisville, KY.

Looking for any recommendations on a family friendly park with lots of activities for the little ones.

Thanks!
2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Radiance 31DSBH
12 REPLIES 12

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Traders Village Grand Prairie with 6Flags handy.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Since you're planning for April - that a rainy season. Even if you reserve for Vineyards, flooding easily occurs on those lakes. Have a backup.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

losingit
Explorer
Explorer
Tom Trostel wrote:
The Vineyards is very nice, though I've not been there since it was closed by flooding last spring. Be aware the NASCAR is running at Texas Motor Speedway April 7, 2016. Not very far up the road and I'm sure the Vineyards gets booked solid.

Thanks for the info. Several folks have recommended Vineyards. I'll need to check with them to see if they will be open/have availability.
2014 Radiance 31DSBH

Tom_Trostel
Explorer
Explorer
The Vineyards is very nice, though I've not been there since it was closed by flooding last spring. Be aware the NASCAR is running at Texas Motor Speedway April 7, 2016. Not very far up the road and I'm sure the Vineyards gets booked solid.

losingit
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
The Vineyards at Grapevine Lake. (subject to flooding - call ahead)

Looking at their website my wife really liked this park. I'll need to call them to see if they will be open in April.
2014 Radiance 31DSBH

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
The Vineyards at Grapevine Lake. (subject to flooding - call ahead)
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

losingit
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the info! We are trying to stay on the North or North East side, closer to Plano, Frisco, etc..

We will need full hook ups. We'll be there for a week and I don't want to mess with taking towing the blue tank to the dump station.

We'll have 3 small kids (3,4, and 5) and a baby with us, so playground(s) is a must.
2014 Radiance 31DSBH

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
There's a Jellystone south of Ft. Worth. If being on the Dallas side isn't mandatory it may fill the bill as kid friendly.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you need to be close to?
Grand Prarie has a very nice park with full hook ups on Joe Pool Lake.
We stay a lot at Lake Benbrook on the s&w side of FtWorth at Holiday COE

kevinbti
Explorer
Explorer
I use to camp a lot at Cedar Hills State park not a bad drive to dallas In Arlington my daughter really enjoyed the Koa as did I but it can be a brutal drive to dallas on I 30 the bright side you could in fort worth which has a ton of stuff for familys ie Stockyards

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
scrubjaysnest wrote:
You might check out the TX state parks. The down side is TX hits you with a per day per person fee on top of the camping fee. It might pay to get the $70 annual pass. On the FW side is Lake Benbrooke with ACOE campgrounds. That puts you about an hour drive from Dallas.

On the UP side, fishing is FREE for EVERYBODY in all Texas state parks.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
You might check out the TX state parks. The down side is TX hits you with a per day per person fee on top of the camping fee. It might pay to get the $70 annual pass. On the FW side is Lake Benbrooke with ACOE campgrounds. That puts you about an hour drive from Dallas.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin