cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake George to Long Island NY

cwobosn
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new garmin 560 for Truck/Auto & RV. On the way to Lake George it sent me thru the Bronx, Gun Hill Rd, Jerome Av to I87. Not a pleasant drive. How should I return?
I87 south then ???
Artie & Karen
2008 F-350 Lariat, diesel, cc, drw.
2010 Landmark Augusta
8 REPLIES 8

NY_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
87s to 84 east to 684 south to 287 east to 95 south to TNB. Want to avoid the Tappan Zee Bridge if you can.
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7 Cummins
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam

oilcan4
Explorer
Explorer
Take Clearview to Throggs neck bridge to 95 north to exit # 22 for 287 then jump quick right onto 684 noirth to 84 west to 87 north. brings you out at Newberg, ny. Like others said crossbronx isn't that bad at night to 87 north (Major Deegan), check 1010WINS radio for traffic reports. safe trip.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
X3 Genecop! Getting on and off LI SuX in either direction. We ferry with our 30TT and I dont feel like I have driven anywhere when I pull out of New London northbound. You have to call them and let them know your rig as you cannot fit an RV on the Mary Ellen and the Cape Henlopen has an angled ramp that some people have dragged there rear on.

Short of that 87>287> 95 follow the bridge signs pick one then onto the 495. You can come over the Cross Bronx as well and you should never go through the Bronx side streets.....
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

thumbscrew
Explorer
Explorer
87 to 287 to 95 to the thorgs neck

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
darsben wrote:
WOW I Forgot the ferry. It has been years since I have ridden it.

Yea we use it a couple of times a month, the most relaxing 1:20 minute you could have, not cheap, but if you factor in gas and tolls, it's not that bad...They can also transport Tractor Trailers, so RV's of any size are no problem....

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW I Forgot the ferry. It has been years since I have ridden it.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ferry, New London CT to Orient Pt.....The only way to go.....I can't emphasize this enough, the trip will turn from miserable to enjoyable...Happy 4th

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I87,,cross Bronx, Throgs neck, to the LIE
Cannot think of another way that is legal except on surface streets like it routed you.
Two reasons
1 height
2 no trailers on parkways
Traveling with my best friend my wife!