cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leith Run Ohio

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has stayed at this campground in Ohio and how are the sites? Level, roomy etc.? Where are the water spigot locations, which sites are beside the spigots? Thanks!!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
6 REPLIES 6

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Loving God's Country! wrote:
GGeorge wrote:
I own a lawn service and worked for the FS for 2 years mowing the grass. Only one site has full hookups (camp host). Camp host has only telephone service in area also, your cell phone wont work. There is a central water faucet between site 7 & 8 and a dump station on the way out. Barge traffic is unpredictable but you might want to try contacting the Corps @ the lock and dam for an "anticipated schedule" of barges.

The sites are level and it is a very quiet area. 20+ miles to the local "Walmart" so pack everything you need.

GGeorge

Thank you so much for the info! I just reserved site 11 and wondered if you remember anything about this site? Our FW should fit length wise in this site as it says it is 50' but I'm concerned for the width from trees as we have slides on both sides. The site description doesn't mention width! Thank you again!!

Oh, forgot to ask, can you recommend interesting things to see and do in your area? Thanks!!

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
GGeorge wrote:
I own a lawn service and worked for the FS for 2 years mowing the grass. Only one site has full hookups (camp host). Camp host has only telephone service in area also, your cell phone wont work. There is a central water faucet between site 7 & 8 and a dump station on the way out. Barge traffic is unpredictable but you might want to try contacting the Corps @ the lock and dam for an "anticipated schedule" of barges.

The sites are level and it is a very quiet area. 20+ miles to the local "Walmart" so pack everything you need.

GGeorge

Thank you so much for the info! I just reserved site 11 and wondered if you remember anything about this site? Our FW should fit length wise in this site as it says it is 50' but I'm concerned for the width from trees as we have slides on both sides. The site description doesn't mention width! Thank you again!!

GGeorge
Explorer
Explorer

GGeorge
GGeorge
Marietta, Ohio
2014 Coachmen Encounter
2010 Jeep Liberty

bowhunt716
Explorer
Explorer
The barge traffic varied but I would say 4-6 a day.

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much for the info.! Looking forward to trying it out! How often did the barges come down the river?

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

bowhunt716
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at this campground several times. It is a very nice and relaxing campground. There is drinking water when pulling into campground and close to sites 7 and 8. Most sights are for the most part level and are shaded.