cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a spot in Kansas City, MO

chrizg
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a spot to park for 1-2 weeks in April. I would prefer something in town with full hooks, but will go out to lakes that are 20 mins out if needed. Anyone have any good suggestions?
23 Rockwood 2608BS
22 Dodge 3500 Crew SRW
Old
16 365 Landmark Charleston
06 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab 4X2 DRW B&W
16 Dodge 3500 Crew Limited DRW B&W Aisin 4.10
6 REPLIES 6

chrizg
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback! I think I am leaning towards the Blue Springs campground. It is 17 miles from where I will be working. I checked out the Campus RV park when I was there last and I wasn't sure about the park but it was cold and had snow on the ground still.
23 Rockwood 2608BS
22 Dodge 3500 Crew SRW
Old
16 365 Landmark Charleston
06 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab 4X2 DRW B&W
16 Dodge 3500 Crew Limited DRW B&W Aisin 4.10

janstey
Explorer
Explorer
There is a KOA on the east side of KCMO on I-70 that is very nice.
JeffA and KimA
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H (Workhorse Chassis) / with two slides
2003 Jeep Liberty toad, all 4 down w/brake buddy

crabbin_cabin
Explorer
Explorer
A bit out of town but we have stayed many times at lake Jacomo cg. (A county park. very nice with FHU and reasonable cost.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking at the east side, I'd recommend Blue Springs Lake CG operated by Jackson County. We stay there a few times a year when we want to "get out" and camp but have to stay local for my daughter's soccer games. Longview isn't bad, just an older CG that is also operated by Jackson County.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
chrizg wrote:
Looking for a spot to park for 1-2 weeks in April. I would prefer something in town with full hooks, but will go out to lakes that are 20 mins out if needed. Anyone have any good suggestions?

You may try Campus Rv Park its nearby and easy access to the interstates.
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

drillagent
Explorer
Explorer
About the closest you're going to get to actually in the city would be the campground at Worlds of Fun. Never stayed there, but it looks nice and is right off the highway. If you don't mind being on the edge, then there is Basswood Resort on the North side at Platte City. Dropping DW off there this weekend. Longview Lake County Campground is on the South side. Very nice and quiet. At least it was when we stayed there. If you have the Allstays Camp and RV app, it will list everything in the area. I use it a lot. Hope these help.
TV: 2012 F250 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel w/air lift suspension
CHU: 2012 Keystone Montana 3750FL
Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball w/ Companion 3500
Family: Me, HH6, a Boston Terrier, a Shiba Inu