cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for somewhere to go

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
I live in central Mass and I am looking for somewhere to go for Memorial Day weekend. I would like the drive to be less than 6 hours. I would like there to be "things to do" within walking distance.

I had thought about Lake George because one of the campgrounds have free shuttles into town but they are booked solid.

Anyone on here have any suggestions?

About us:

We like to go for walks
like the beach
like to go out to eat
the wife likes to shop
live music is a plus
like to people watch

Would prefer more of a resort type of campground and not being miles deep in the woods with nothing around.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser
8 REPLIES 8

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Park the camper at Foxwoods, if you add driving down the highway to the beach it has all the items you asked for.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
How about North Beach Campground in Burlington, Vermont. Maybe campgrounds near Mystic Seaport, or campgrounds in the Pocono's.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
How about Turningstone Resort CG in Verona, NY ?

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
Warrensburg Travel Park is a short drive from Lake George with full-hookups, free wifi, cable pool, and nature trail. Give them a call as they may still have openings. http://warrensburgtravelpark.com/. We spent 2 Summers there and did enjoy the facilities and nearness to everything.
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes

smildrum
Explorer
Explorer
Bar Harbor is a great place to check out. Most CGs open May 15th and MDW is usually pretty busy so make a reservation soon.
Not sure when the Explorer Bus starts.

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
Bar Harbor is on our list of places to see.

I hate Cape Cod.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I'll second Bar Harbor. Their shuttle bus stops at all the campgrounds and goes to the National Park and into town.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Magilla,

At this juncture finding a campground may be tough since MDW is less than two months away, but I'd recommend somewhere in Maine. Acadia/Bar Harbor would be my first thought. The campgrounds aren't within walking distance of town, but there's a shuttle bus that goes to the park and into town. You could also try the southern Maine beach area (Wells/York/Ogunquit). There's always the Cape, too, but I don't know what campgrounds are within walking distance of things to do.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]