cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maine oceanfront rv resorts?

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I have googled this and have found some but the sites that are on the ocean are all back in. (which is fine) but your neighbor is about 3 feet away from either side! Is there a maine rv campground or resort that doesnt pack you in like sardines? I looked at Narrows too, and like it but even those were tight and almost 500.00 for 3 nights:E
Proud father of a US Marine
6 REPLIES 6

Stevebx
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will find that any of the oceanfront campgrounds will pack you in. You might try the new campground near Winter Harbor, Schoodic Woods. Very well laid out, well spaced sites. I've also enjoyed Sunset Point Campground, further north in Harrington.
Steven Brewer

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at Searsport ocean campground. Nice looking and was really interested UNTIL... I see that their premium oceanfront sites can only be reserved IF you reserve them for 7 nights! @ $585.00. What a shame, i thought i had found a nice place
Proud father of a US Marine

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Maine oceanfront rv resorts? thats a tough bill to fit,

Old Orchard beach area in ME has several, may consider Paradise Park Resort

Well run campresort, lots of amenities, long walk or very short drive to beach. But expensive like most maine coast campgrounds.

If you want to SAVE some money? may consider Salisbury Beach State Reservation campground is as close as you can get for a beach front campground. And yes it is not in ME but about 40 minute drive to southern ME attractions.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Correct. We stayed at the Narrows 2 in May and had the place to ourselves.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
suprz wrote:
I have googled this and have found some but the sites that are on the ocean are all back in. (which is fine) but your neighbor is about 3 feet away from either side! Is there a maine rv campground or resort that doesnt pack you in like sardines? I looked at Narrows too, and like it but even those were tight and almost 500.00 for 3 nights:E

Packed in like 'Maine' sardines....lol

Off season is the best in Main actually.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never found one. We like Libbyโ€™s but they pack you in.

One of our favorite places is one a salt marsh with bigger sites, no children, smaller number of sites.

Wild Duck in Scarborough.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.