cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monthly site rental periods question

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I are ready (next winter) to stay a month at each of two snowbird parks. Which parks, to be determined. So my generic question is, is the monthly rate always from the 1st of a month? Or Could we rent say 1/15 to 2/15?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
17 REPLIES 17

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
thanks
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
bbaker2001 wrote:
which parks are you staying at on Oregon coast.
wife just had cancer surgery, and it looks good. time for reservations

Portside in Brookings, Pacific Pines in Florence and Devil's Lake in Lincoln City.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
One more thing to think about. Some of the nicer private parks will charge you the monthly rate per day after staying 30 days. So if you like an area, and would like to spend 5 weeks, the rate would be one month plus 1/4 of a monthly rate. You need to ask for this, it's seldom advertised.

That's a good tip. Thanks.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
which parks are you staying at on Oregon coast.
wife just had cancer surgery, and it looks good. time for reservations
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing to think about. Some of the nicer private parks will charge you the monthly rate per day after staying 30 days. So if you like an area, and would like to spend 5 weeks, the rate would be one month plus 1/4 of a monthly rate. You need to ask for this, it's seldom advertised.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Never been in a park that required me to pay a daily rate until the 1st of the month. Not saying they don't exist, just saying I've never stayed at one: probably wouldn't stay at one if that was their rule.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Where we stay in Myrtle Beach Travel Park the monthly rate is four consecutive weeks.

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
The one I workamp at it's the day you want to come in. 30 days is considered a month. Pay a month at a time.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Park policy, it varies. Not just on starting dates, but how many months you need to contract to get what rates.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, I made reservations at three different parks on the Oregon coast for one month each starting on the 10th. However, the first one we will be staying at only gave us 30 days so we had to start on the 11th of May to end on the 10th of June. The one ending in August gave me 31 days in the month. So, as other have said, it varies from park to park.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
We have many for rent here but it is usually a 3 or 4 month minimum during peak season.
pawatt

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Been in parks that, for a monthly rate, have time start on the first and end on the 30th - you don't get the 31st included however if the month is Feb, you only get 28 days or, once every 4 yrs - 29 days. Other parks (most I've been to) give 30 days from date of check in. Doubt there is a 'standard' and even if there were, the park you might be interested in may not adhere to 'standard.' Pick the park you are most interested in, figure out your start and end date and call the park to make a reservation from x date to y date for the monthly rate of z. They'll either accept the reservation or not without getting into complicated questions with someone who may or may not understand your issue.
www.putt10.net

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the parks we have been in will start when you pull in and then require to pay on the first of each month for additional time you are there.

If you pull in on the 15th and plan to stay for a month or more, they will charge you a daily rate from the 15th to the end of the month and then charge you a full month due on the first for each additional month you stay.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Are these parks close to each other or a good drive in between. If close, you would be better with a 2 month stay at one in terms of $$$. And the real break point is a three month stay.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog